Reports indicate Samuel is franchise tagged.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SupDawg, Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Bly would tie into what Fisher likes to do. With Bly and Pacman we would have two of the best man to man covers in the NFL who can be left on an island and be trusted. That means 8 and 9 guys in the box a play....

2. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

that may be our perspective... but why would the the best run and talent-evaluating organization franchise him if it was true?

i wanted him more than the others too... but if clements is around, i wouldn't really argue against it. bly on the other hand... i guess that might be cool but mostly to vastly improve depth and as long as finnegan gets a real shot competing somewhere. Finnegan could be our #1 backup at every secondary spot... a well as our NB.

3. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

BTW, is the samuel's franchise thing offiicial yet or is it still a PFT thing?

4. titans2871

titans2871 Adrian Who?

All of you seem to be forgetting Nick Harper. Yes he is up there in age (30), but he would be a good fit for a couple of years and you could draft a corner or wait until next year and get a FA cheaper than Clements. Also, Harper knows the Colts Offense... (See what Thorton did this year against them) Which helps in the division..... He will be out there for roughly 2-3 million a year and Clements wants more than Bailey.... Roughly 9 million a year. Dry Bly is not any better than Reynaldo or the Lions wouldn't be letting him seek a trade. Don't highly overpay for one player when you can have 4 at the same price.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Again - Who cares? Samuel is nothing more than DECENT in coverage. Put him on any other team and he's burned night and day. He's a ball-hawk, and I wouldn't mind having that on the team, but as far as coverage goes, eh, we can do better.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Okay....we have a need,we look to FA & Samuel is gone.

We can do better? Dude it's not like there's a bottomless pit of CB talent available.

I saw Samuel play wk17 against us & in the championship game against the Colts. He consistently broke on the ball to make picks & bat the ball away & also had the speed to stay with guys on the deep routes.

He never got burned & he always turned around to look for the ball. Product of a system my arse.

8. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Yeah... This year he really turned it up a notch... In that Indi game, he was flat spectacular. Almost Pac like in coverage.

9. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Good point..
    I was hoping that Clements might be bargain since Samuel was also out there, but unfortunately supply and demand also works for football.

30 yr old Bly could be a temporary solution for us until next season. Anything should be better than what we currently have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar