Reports claiming TO drug overdose was suicide attempt??

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Laserjock, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Here's a direct link to a PDF of the police report...

linkage

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Well thankfully it seems he is physically ok.

Depression is a lonely roller coaster ride of highs & lows. I can't imagine how hard it would be to get help whilst in the limelight like TO is.

The best thing the press can do is back off & leave him alone but of course those vultures won't do that

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Yes...

And sometimes fame and fortune IS the problem.

Gut

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Exactly!

He's also spoken about some of those issues publicly.

Unfortunately, TO has now come to realize that despite getting his pay day, he wasn't happy. Despite going to the Cowboys ( a team he wanted to go to) he wasn't happy. Despite being hailed as a great warrior for coming back and playing well in the Super Bowl, he wasn't happy. And despite getting the most publicity of anyone in football...

He's still not happy.

It's a shame that this stuff has derailed his career and kept him from delivering his full talent to the history of the NFL. He is one of the most talented WR's in the NFL. However, we're beyond a football issue.

Let's hope he gets some REAL help, can move on, and enjoy his life.

Gut

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Has anybody heard the DPD press release

6. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I agree. Whether he really intended on killing himself, or it was just a call for help, stable people dont do that. Especially people who are successful and have all the money the could ever ask for. He was basically living a dream life, and still resorts to this kind of thing. There are some serious issues there and he needs some real help.

7. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I've always liked the theory that fame and fortune don't really change you; you remain yourself, only more so.

Here's a quote from good old Henry Ford:

"Money doesn't change men, it merely unmasks them. If a man is naturally selfish or arrogant or greedy, the money brings that out, that's all."

8. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

Yep, watched it on ESPN. They basically said, in a nutshell, we don't know how the report got out there--and b/c of privacy/health issues we will not confirm or deny any of it, nor take any questions on it. Only that there was no crime involved (which doesn't mean anything other than if there was no crime then the report was not supposed to be released).

The next thing that will be out will be the 911 tapes, which are public rec.

9. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-cowboys-tosuicideattempt&prov=ap&type=lgns

so should i drop him from my fantasy team or what?

j/k

could be an attention thing...
    maybe he realizes his career is coming to an end.
    maybe he just needs a girlfriend to give him attention...
    maybe he's gay and doesnt want the world to know.... for some reason i could see TO in drag and not really have it come as a suprise to me

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I'm going to drop a post on this.

I have a long record for taking up causes for Owens, and it is my long held contention that he is a man living with a chemical imbalance that has gone untreated in the past. Now, I'm not just being a Chattanooga homer because Owens played NCAA ball a few miles from where I am sitting. I wholeheartedly agree with you guys that now and in the past he has proved himself unworthy to play in this league with his despicable behavior. Here is the thing guys... everyone is born with a burden and everyone is born with a gift. That is what life is about, that is managing your burden and making the most of your gifts. Everything inbetween is goals and challenges. It is all victories and failures when it boils down to it in your lifes box score at the end of the road.

I really don't think that Owens is worthy of scorn for this. He has yet to possess the abilty to get his mind around his own greatness. He lacks the skills to deal. It is very possible that the problems he has are not of his own making but a set of challenges set forth for him by his creator. We can all sit back here and fire shots at him and tell him he should have done this or he was stupid for that... I really think that what T.O. should get from the public is sympathy for if you cannot show at least that to someone with that much suffering you must be cold and heartless inside. From those who truly understand the scope of his problems compassion should be shown. To those around him, his team, his family or the few persons he lets near, I hope they grant him empathy because no one should feel that way.

I still, just like I did last year recommend a strict regime of psychiatric help, medications and counseling.

[​IMG]

...or he just could cope with the reality of having PacMan Jones shut him down and make him look like a fool. That could be it too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar