Report: (what we all knew) Titans "sellout" streak is a farce.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by nickmsmith, May 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Like a dog trying to comprehend a page of algebra...

2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

my dog does algebra. she knows d+i=u, when d=dummy and i=idiot it equals u.

• LOL LOL x 2
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Ur silly

4. LTF

LTF Starter

When I lived in the greater metro area and worked in the service industry downtown Nashville, I liked all the outside money coming into the area. Simple macro economics if you think about it. The more money that comes in from other areas the stronger the GDP. Would be better if it was always sold out.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yeah I listen to my own music on my drive into work. Cant stand any of the afternoon sports talk - just pathetic

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

cant argue, but I have zero faith in the fox hunters

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

@kenny must have a friend in the Titan FO

oh well.

The new chick in charge of Tickets did call me. We discussed my complaints about how awful the game experience has been the last few years. In particular when da'Bears rolled into town in 13. I told her I had a better time getting a root canal last week (I did unfortunately have a root canal last week) because at least when it was over the pain stopped and I was not angry. She said that the block tickets sold to that game were higher up than my seat. I told her that people tend to move down when they see empty seats below them.

I urged her to view that game and that I blamed the Titans for making that game ( and others where there were 10's of thousands of visiting fans) onerous to attend. Said it created a negative feedback where the more awful the game experience the more likely people were to stop going.

Said I understand nobody can promise me a W for the home team but you can promise me I wont be verbally abused by visiting fans. I had to explain to her that being forced to listen to them chanting their team and me feeling like the visitors was what I meant by verbal abuse. Dont think she cared about that at all.

I also made sure she understood just how worthless Titan tickets are. Told her I put my preseason tickets on the board at work a couple of years ago and only 1 of them were taken (my schedule permitted me to attend last year IIRC - its preseason nobody cares). I literally taped them to a piece of paper with 'FREE!' highlighted all around them - LOL Told her the reality of Titan tickets with freebies lining the planters, havent seen a scalper BUYING in years, ect...

I did tell her that at least some progress was made getting into the stadium in 2014. I also stated that as much as I would like to believe the Titans did something to streamline the process I actually believed there were just less people attempting to go thru the gates.

overall it was a positive conversation.

Still PO'd the Titans would go out of their way to ensure the PSL holders had a turrible experience just for a few $s

#57 GoT, May 20, 2015
    Last edited: May 20, 2015
    • High Five High Five x 1
  8. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

did you tell her her and buddies picked a terrible qb for us

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

no I skipped that.

10. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

This is an important explanation that should be stuck somewhere useful

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar