Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Report: Titans Players Not Happy with Chris Palmer

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Architect, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Architect Pain Train

Warmack
    Moolah:
    $632
    http://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2012/9/10/3307441/report-titans-players-not-happy-with-chris-palmer

LINK to the PFT article that is being referenced:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/10/titans-start-grumbling-about-chris-palmer/

I think there has definitely been some questionable playcalling. I still don't understand why we have changed our blocking scheme if it doesn't favor our offensive line and play making running back.
  2. Titaneers Ultimate Player

Wright
    Moolah:
    $6,429
    just people at MCM stirring the pot...
  3. Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $2,996
    No one is happy with Chris Palmer except Munchak and Palmer. Idiots.
    SlidePiece and Titans Eternal high five this.
  4. Jwill1919 Coach

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $2,320
    Play calling is over rated, you still have to execute. Why give CJ a sweep when you already know he's just gonna run lateral and get strung out, when you can give him the ball on an off tackle giving him options of a one cut cutback?

On 2 of CJs first 3 runs, there were nice holes, but CJ patty-caked and stopped his feet in the hole, getting little to nothing, especially on that 3rd down.
    SlidePiece and JCBRAVE high five this.
  5. Jwill1919 Coach

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $2,320
    Palmer didn't drop passes, throw interception, run nowhere, or blow defensive assignments. Thats on the players.
  6. SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $13,168
    Players suck. Coaches suck. Plenty of blame to go around.
  7. Obie09 Starter

Locker
    Moolah:
    $5,876
    W
    When you're going against a team that executes at an extremely high level like the Patriots do, play calling is more important than ever when clearly they have more talented players anyway.
  8. DownSouthPlayer Starter

Moolah:
    $6,456
    We could beat the Browns on a good day. So boo ya!
  9. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,577
    I'm certainly not a fan of Chris Palmer's, however it's not the play calling that killed us, it's relying so heavily on a little RB who can't/won't fight for yards.

The Patriots beat us because they ran up and down on us, that breaks a defenses spirit seeing a RB do what he wants.

We lose games when other teams RB's go off on us, we should be able to do the same to teams because it's a great way to win. I'm not saying be a run first team, but be able to run the ball.

Since we can't run the ball, we're going to continue to lose. Even the worst running teams can run the ball when they need to, but we can't.
  10. SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $13,168
    I will say though, that it's definitely not a good thing that the players feel this way. Whether they're justified or not. This is a team that has proven over the past few seasons that they have a TON of quit in them.

As I said in the Munchak thread, motivation and lack of "fight" is a huge problem with this team. Munch needs to do something to show the players (and fans) that players and coaches alike will be held accountable. Bench crappy players. Take over coaching the OL. Take over offensive playcalling. SOMETHING. If his plan is to take the Jeff Fisher approach and change nothing while expecting different results then this team is going nowhere fast.
    GoT, Big Time Titan and Anthony4Titans high five this.