Report: Texans owner firmly supports Kubiak

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky In an interview with Fox affiliate KRIV-TV in Houston, Texans owner Bob McNair offered support for coach Gary Kubiak and his staff on the heels of an unprecedented collapse against Indianapolis on Sunday that dropped his team to 0-4.
    "We're on the verge of doing some outstanding things." McNair said. "I know this, that if we continue playing in the next game and the game after the way we did for 56 minutes last Sunday, looking at our schedule I don't know any team on the schedule that could beat us. Not one."
    McNair also discussed an issue unrelated to Sunday's result: The state of Reliant Energy, the company whose name is on Reliant Stadium. Reliant Energy announced last week it has to raise $1 billion in new capital because of financial issues.
    "I'm concerned for them because they have been great partners for us, and I know who they are, and we are delighted to have them as a partner," McNair said. "They have really been terrific and we would like to see that continue.
    "It remains to be seen what might happen. I hope we are dealing with the same people in six months that we are dealing with now."

More...

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

On the verge of doing outstanding things? And I thought Al Davis was senile.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

It's never a good sign when an owner "offers his support" when the HC is 0-4.

Kubiak should avoid answering any unexpected phone calls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar