Report: Holt to visit Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

No, you heard him say Lendale White and Chris Brown.

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I've not seen anything from Hawkins that would make me think he's any different from Paul Williams, Brandon Jones, Chris Davis or Courtney Roby.

3. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

If the Titans staff had any hope of Hawkins taking a big step from last season to this season they wouldnt even have considered bringing in Holt. If Holt does sign with TN it would be a nice pick up for us no doubt but at the same time it means Hawk is going to be added to the back burner with the rest of the WR's duds that the Titans just cant seem to produce.

4. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Signing Holt, in my opinion, doesn't put Hawkins on the back burners at all. This will be his second season. Holt, if he come to TN, won't be here for more than 2, 3 years max. Hypothetically just because we bring in a proven WR to help sure up our WR core doesn't mean we've lost hope for someone we drafted last year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

i wonder if holt is supposed to be in either tommarrow, friday, saturday? hmm! but i don't think that signing him hurts hawk in any way, because hawk can come in in certain situations one, and two, he would benifit from learning from someone like holt, such as route running, alot!

6. smili

smili Starter

I hope you're right. I'd like to see him here, he'd just seem so cheap in comparison to what some average guys in the league are making

7. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Holt to Visit Titans on Thursday

SUMMARY: Veteran WR Torry Holt will visit Baptist Sports Park tomorrow in his quest to sign with a team for what he hopes is his final contract. "Wherever I land, I would like for it to be my last stop,’" Holt said. "My first priority is to go somewhere that wants me, obviously, and wants to win. Tennessee has illustrated those two things and now it’s about seeing what this place is about and what their plans would be for me to come here. We’ll see how things match up." Holt was released from the Rams after 10 seasons and the Titans will want to get a look at his knee which limited him much of last season. "There’s a lot of speculation about me not having a lot left," Holt said. "I feel good, man. I just finished my 10th season and will be 33 in June. I am healthy and my spirits are good. I love the game. So wherever I land, wherever that place is, I think they’d be totally pleased with what they’d get." Holt has been to the Pro Bowl seven times in his career.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I have a feeling Holt wants something along the lines of a 3-year $15 mil or a 4-year, $20 mil contract.

Reasonable, I suppose, but I'm not sure we'd be willing to do it.

9. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

They've already got his name on a locker. He's going to be a great addition to this team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar