Report: Holt to visit Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

^^

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

But come on, it's not like we spent that much of it... I don't remember the details of Haye and Washington's contracts, but it's not like we spent even 20 million... Only the first year numbers count.

3. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Last time I remember this being brought up someone figured we had roughly 12 million.

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

We would no longer be building the team around his strengths, and TH would be under-utilized in our run first, short pass system.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Greedy b*stard...

He'll realize sooner or later that no one will give him what he wants.

6. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

Not even trying to start a war here....but maybe bringing in TH and having Washington who can be downfield threats, will help develop Young's passing game??

Since day one Young has been on the field, he has never had downfield deep threat WR's, which is something that Washington and possibly Holt(Praying for it) can bring to the table.

Seems to me that the FO is bringing in players that IF need be and Young needs or somehow develops into the starter again he could possibly succeed with whats built around him offensively. When you have players that can spread the field, it gives you a huge amount of options offensively ie: Young being able to use his scrambling ability. Of course this is all reliant on Young getting his damn head straight and back 100% into football.

Either way, I cant see Holt leaving Tennessee w/o a contract unless he is really trying to play for huge money. This close to the draft...teams are going to stop looking at the veterans and seeing what players they can draft. Holt would be waiting forever to get the contract he thinks he deserves then.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If the money is more elsewhere I expect he'll sign elsewhere. It's exactly why he's not on The Rams now..

8. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

I can definitely see that, but this close to the draft? Why pay huge money to a guy, if you can find the younger, and alot cheaper(albiet not experienced) guy in the Draft?

Him not sigining in Jax says two things:

Either Jax was not going to be stupid again and pay hugely for a WR for him not show up on the field - Porter

Or Holt wants to go to a team he knows can possibly win it all with his help- TITANS :grrhee:

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If Holt simply wanted #2 he would have allowed the Rams trade to go down. Free agency rolls on regardless of the draft. Teams have draft signing budgets and will also sign positions they did could address in the draft. Don't count out teams like The Giants and Jets..

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

or the team thinks we need to score points without haynesworth getting triple teamed every play?

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar