Replacing CJ With A Physical RB Could Be What The Offense Needs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Sep 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Kerry Collins 2.0.

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

None of the other RBs are any better. Maybe reynaud. But no power run game what so ever from Harper nor ringer. I've been wanting a smash mouth RB for three seasons now. A good one two punch could open some more field up for CJ when he does get carries. The o line also needs some reconstructing tho.

I'm much more into a simple power run game that gets 3-4 yards per run than I am CJ trying to bust one every play. The one good thing is, we were able to run some hard play action yesterday and get the LBs to bite on CJ enough to give locker that extra chance.

Locker looked like a freaking real field general yesterday standing mighty tall in the pocket and never flinching. Skies the limit if he is able to keep it up. He's gonna have some rough games down the road but he seems to have the correct type of moxy to be a winning, top 10 qb.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

we should have addressed the O-line this year. We passed on DeCastro AND Konz.

4. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Pawn? You'd prolly get a couple hundred bucks for his teeth, thats about it.

And we don't give him the ball enough? Are you people high? Its kind of hard to feed the ball to a guy who averages 18 inches. There are people in the adult film industry packing bigger junk than that.

At CJ's current clip, if we "committed" to giving him 20 carries, we would lose 50-0, as our defense would be on the field for 48:00 or so, and our offense would be losing yardage.

The only silver lining to your idiotic plan is that maybe he would get hurt, and we could put ringer or harper in there. Are they any good? no. But I bet they can get 2.0 yards a carry, which is better than what we have now.

I say start harper. He is the kind of back our offense needs, not a dancing vageyena trying to hit home runs all day.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm trying to think of runningbacks we could TRADE for. You hardly see trades after the season starts, but hey... never know. We don't need a superstar. Chris Ivory is a name who stick out to me.

Only 24. Unsigned out of Tiffin (where Nate Washington played). Stats w/ the Saints:
    2010 (rookie): 12 GP, 127 att, 716 yards (5.2 YPC), 5 TD
    2011: 6 GP, 79 att, 374 yards (4.7 YPC), 1 TD

He's on the Saints 53-man roster, but has been inactive this entire year. He's stuck behind Sproles, Pierre Thomas, and Mark Ingram. He's also a FA after this year, and will likely leave for more playing time. Lets throw them out a 5th rounder and get this guy.

He runs hard. Something we need. Use Reynald as the 'speed option' and Ivory as our 'feature back'

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

many of them are

7. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

So, you are saying we should completely lose games, just to get our running game started. Sorry, you can only stick with something that doesn't work for so long. We all ***** about the defense being gassed and on the field forever, guess what makes that happen. 3 and outs, and with the way CJ has been running, that's all we would see.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Jamie Harper is 233 pounds. That's pretty stout if they keep him from dancing. If the Titans are looking for a guy to come in and pound the rock, they need to coach him up and give him a shot before using any kind of early draft pick at RB.

9. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I busted out laughing at the office, thanks..... :) lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar