Removing The Leash

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ColtKiller, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

Interesting Stat. But do you think we can win in the playoffs with this style? And if not will we be ready and able to adjust once the playoffs start?

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

This is what scares me. I think we CAN win in the playoffs with this style. However to do so we have to count on a magnificent performance by the defense and very minimal mistakes on offense. If we get behind a couple of scores to a quick striking team we are pretty much done for. The uber-conservative playcalling is fine and dandy as long as your entire team is playing mistake-free football. But mistake-free football isn't easy, especially in the playoffs. I'm not saying we should throw the ball 40 times a game or anything but I would like to see us become a bit more balanced. If CJ is running wild on a defense, then fine. Give him 30+ carries. But when the run game isn't quite firing on all cylinders we can't be scared to air it out.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

BTW Chris Johnson is on pace for 400 carries as of right now...

4. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

One of those practices that vince young missed the week of the pittsburgh game was to take steve Mcnair's sons to a father son day field trip. I heard Mike Tomlin say( on sirius), he was surprised at how predictable the titans were on offense. Cj needs to get the ball on the edge more and Vince is much better on the move............so why dont we do it.

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Who else in Titans history spent the death of his career doing this ad infinitum?

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

The last time we were in the playoffs our style of offense didn't work. We have to change up our offense and let VY throw the ball more. We can use CJ in so many ways but we keep running him up the middle he needs the ball on the outside some more.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It's September, I'm going to give Fisher the benefit of the doubt and assume he'll start playing for real in a month or so. No one wants to be Super Bowl ready in the first month of football.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Start playing "for real" in week 8 of a 16 game season? Whaa? :?:

9. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

I really have no idea what Fisher is thinking with this. We have a capable backup in Ringer but Fisher is content to run run run CJ. Considering we will likely have to pay him big money this offseason wouldn't it be wise to not give him 30+ carries a game in his 3rd year? It would be one thing if we HAD to give him these carries to win the game, but that wasn't the case.

The high school game plans are getting a little old.

10. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Are all of your posts intellectually bankrupt? We put up 391 yards of offense in our last playoff game. Vince Young is not a dog... could we change the title of this post?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar