Remember when we wanted?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Dec 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

It would have to be me, Lewan, and about 1/4 of the rest of the NFL who are basically violent and/or sex offenders.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

What! NFL players violent! No way

• LOL LOL x 3
  3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Yeah, I am pretty sure that most of us won't like the majority of players in the NFL. Between the Ego, arrogance, money, entitlement, etc....Just the way it is.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Violent offenders. There's a difference. Some players can't decipher allowable violence (on field, in the sport) from the rest of their lives.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

He is another Roos. Similar style, really good but not great. I will take it. And it is hard to get a franchise LT without using a high draft pick. It was a smart pick in the end.

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

This is probably the biggest one that sticks out to me. All year long everyone was fapping for Leinart-especially because had Norm Chow LOL at OC- all the way up until the Rose Bowl....and then based one ONE GAME everyone was a VY fan. ONE FRIGGIN GAME in which everyone saw a QB pretending to be a RB half the time and suddenly everyone was all like "Matt who?..." Granted, it turned out Lienart sucked too but it showed me that people here are swayed way too easy by highlight reels.

7. The Hammer

I kept fapping for Leinart even past the championship game. Thought he translated better to the NFL. Did not realize he had little interest in being an NFL QB. Turned out VY was better. But maybe in the long run we would have been better off with Leinart as we probably would have moved on sooner.

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I still cringe when I think of his legs tied into a knot and spraining both knees in the PS game. Tbere was no way he would ever recover from that.

9. The Hammer

Why revisit? Maybe to keep things in perspective. Every offseason we have stars in our eyes when looking at potential draft picks and FA signings. It is probably important to remember that a lot of guys fail to live up to our expectations.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

I think this is a major problem....to the old timers here...before YouTube and ESPN and easy access to highlights ....were tops of drafts usually better? I truly believe for the most part the top few picks maybe even a lot of the first round are dictated by media/ popularity. Would tebow of gone first round back in the day when he wouldn't of been a national celebrity...well as much as one. Vy? Manziel? Clowney?

Sometimes I think GMs know there first pick will bust...probably at least think its more likely they'll bust than pan out, but its easy to draft a player that everyone sees as the best Cuz that's who we see on TV 24-7. Like mariota this year....it'd be so Much worse for Tampa bay to pass on him and he becomes good (tiny chance) than for them to draft him and he busts.

This could also explain why mid to late draft picks pan out jus as much as top picks, those are the guys the team really scouts and does old school homework on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar