Remember the Titans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by XO, Jul 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XO

XO Nevada Native

Because nobody else does it seems.

Popped up on r/NFL and literally felt like a punch in the gut.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/1hx0mu/which_team_is_talked_about_the_least/
    Consensus is everyone is surprised we exist...

I don't get it, Nashville isn't a terribly small market, we sell out our games. We haven't been good in some time but I feel like we have kind of always been in this position even when we were flying high in the early 2000's.

We are rarely talked about on ESPN or NFL network, national media slams us every chance they get.

This team needs an enema.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

when CJ fell off and still kept talking, people tend to forget about you. Lets hope Locker tears it up because a FF sleeper/trending running QB are what will get us some attention. That or a huge play maker on defense, Brown *might* be that guy.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

No one knew us in 1999 either

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

we had a team in 1999?

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Okay well let's see...

-We moved cities and both the former franchise and this franchise haven't really won anything.
    -We have no star players. I guess you can count Chris Johnson but Adrian Peterson will always be the talk among RB's and even now that I think about RB's don't get a whole lot of hype anymore.
    -Nashville, nice city, not a really big media market. Also we don't have a whole lot of fans outside of the southern region.
    -Our logo is ehh like a couple of those posters have mentioned
    -We do absolutely nothing creative when it comes to stadium experiences, we could do so much with a Titan theme but instead hey let's play old stadium music

That's just off the top of my head, I'm not going to get deeper into it because honestly I don't care. As long as we win I'm fine, I could care less what the talking heads say.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

If you have an account be sure to let all the uneducated fans know that the Titans have the 7th most wins since 1999.

Those wins don't mean anything, but it beats the hell out of what most teams have done since 1999.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

This is exactly why I love the Titans. They are always the under dogs!

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

We were all over the place those years of dominance with Air and Co... Even that year we went 13-3, we were also everywhere.

Its very simple, for small market teams you have to win to get the attention. I'm not sure why we keep bringing this up, we've talked about it a billion times it seems.

Ahh the offseason, can't get too mad I guess...

9. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

We went 13-3 for TWO consecutive years (1999 and 2000) and have done it a total of 3 times(also, 2008). And see that is the frustrating thing, in at least two of those years we had, arguably, the best team but have ZERO to show for it. Thanks fisher.

10. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

In order to get talked about a lot, you need one (or more) of these 4 things.

1) Big media market like NY, DAL, etc

2) A big fan base that stretches across the country (ie Pit/GB). THis is accomplished by having a team that has been around awhile and won a lot of championships. TN has done neither. No SB wins, and even though the franchise has been around for a while, most of the TN fans are relatively new fans of the franchise in the grand scheme and a lot of former HOU fans stopped following when the move was made.

3) Lots of RECENT wins. The Titans won a lot of games in the early 2000s, but that was just too long ago. If we want attention, we will have to be a real contender for consecutive years. Look at a team like the Colts. Indy isn't a big media market, but they had so much success for so long that the media couldn't ignore them anymore.

4) a big name QB

Titans don't really have any of this going for them right now. The only way we get media attention is to win games, make some noise in the PO, and have Jake Locker look like a top QB ... and will have to sustain the success over multiple seasons. If that happens then TN will get some love from ESPN. But right now there is no reason to pay much attention to this team unless you are a fan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar