Remember our last home game against the Texans (2010)?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I went to that game, cheering for us to lose.

I got a lot of crap for that. But had we lost that game, JPP would be on our team.

I admit to not really knowing who I wanted between JPP and Morgan because I don't pay enough attention to college football, plus JPP was a raw talent and a work in progress. That said, it sucks we won that game.

My point... there is a time to cheer for your team to lose when the season is lost.

EDIT: I meant the 2009 finale against the Seahawks, though I was also hoping we'd lose last year to the Texans as well.

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Looking beyond the past... There's a new crop of players to want... Time to start picking!

Admittedly I thought JPP was over hyped coming out. Looking back and becoming closer with the game and the process... He was def the biggest risk reward. And it payed off.

3. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Draft picks are too unpredictable to intentionally lose, ever.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

I really wanted JPP over Morgan as well and I dont follow College that much either. He was raw is what I kept hearing but I also kept reading and hearing he had a better motor and was going to be a better pash rusher in the long run of Morgan and so far all the so-called experts were correct, even though Morgan has been injury-prone so we cant really get a steady read on him.

That being said I wonder how much coaching plays here though if this was reversed. Perry Fewell vs all the duds the Titans have thrown out there so far lol I dont know ...

5. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Here, you will need this.

[​IMG]

6. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Personally I wanted Brandon Graham. Mainly due to his motor. He didn't fit our scheme tho. But kid was all over the place in college. Been hurt with the eagles.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

If we lose out who knows how that affects other young guys progression. Give the guys we have now confidence, then draft from there.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Not when you have nothing to play for... And especially since we all wanted Fisher fired.

Picking higher gives you more options. Winning in a season where you go 6-10 feels wasted. Just my opinion.

9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Who knows if we drafted JPP and he was injury prone and didn't do a d@mn thing for us. While Morgan went to the Giants and did what JPP did. It's really hard to predict what JPP would have done for us, while Morgan would've done for the Giants.

10. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I can assure you that JPP wouldn't of given us a Superbowl ring this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar