Remaining FA Wide Recievers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alpha-Centuri, Mar 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

Top FA Wr Options -- As of March 1st

Randy Moss - Don't even know why I put him up here. We're not looking at him I don't think, and even if we were, all we could do is drive up the price for NE.

Javon Walker - Injured for large duration last year, had a big year in 06 with the Packers

Bryant Johnson - was the 3rd WR in Arizona, produced pretty well with two pro-bowlers in front of him

D.J. Hackett - Has roots with Reinfeldt, maybe able to lure in and use as the speed reciever.

We still have time to sign someone, and even if we don't, we do have a 1st round draft pick. We can go WR there. We do need to look at one of these guys though, so we can focus our attention at other places.

I personally would like to bring in Bryant Johnson. I've seen in various places that he wants somewhere around 8 mill garunteed, and 6 mill per year. Most people would say that is overpaying, but if you haven't seen by the last couple years of FA, that is pretty standard. With the old CBA, that would be rediculous for a non-elite player... but the salary cap has gone up. With that, is increased asking prices.

2. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

I'm good with everybody on that list except Hackett. I really want Drew Carter, out of Carolina.

3. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

i dont want any of them. the way i see it, we are in better position now to get one of the top wide outs in the draft. since all these fa's having been gettin signed.

sweed please

4. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I think Johnson is a very good WR and worthy of us signing him.

He is a very good WR on a stacked team but is a #2 WR just about any where else. He has good size at 6'3 215 lbs , but has the speed to stretch the field, he's also pretty physical and a decent blocker. He's only 26 years old and will get better. He's topped 40 catches the last 4 years as a #3 in Arizona. Has the chance to be a steal I see him being a good fit here.

D.J Hackett could be worth a look and hold down a top 3 WR while coming at a good price. He is a very solid WR who should continue to improve. He's also young at 26 like Johnson and has decent size at 6'2 210 lbs. He's a solid WR that isn't great at anything but solid overall.

Either one would contribute and help us at WR after we cut some like Moulds, Jones, and some others.

5. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

I almost put Drew Carter on the list, but I didn't know his status off the top of my head.

About the draft, I would agree, we could now get someone good in the draft, but we have problems elsewhere, and the draft is a crapshoot... Better to pay money to someone who has produced somewhat in the NFL, than to someone who hasn't. Plus, Sweed prolly won't be there at 24... I think we'll see Manningham, Doucet, and Devin Thomas at our pick.

6. Larry

Larry Camp Fodder

Banking on a rookie reciever to be very productive is a fools folly. Most wideouts take several years to develop. The Titans should draft one high, but a decent Vet is needed now to help Vince.

7. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

ik that drafting a wide out in the 1st round or even 2nd isnt proven and you dont know what your going to get. but you need to start somewhere. johnson is the only one on that list i would consider because hes young and has potential. but hes no lock either. none of these guys are sure bets other than randy moss who we wont get any way. hackett and johsnon are number 2 or 3 at best and will never be more. we already have that, with who we have. we need a impact/play maker and the only way we are gonna get one is threw the draft or maybe a trade which i doubt.

all this being said heres somthin i would like to have happen.

sign crumpler already(prob wont, but need to). if we get crumpler i think that allows you to take a risk on a wr in the 1st round and still have a reliable guy with a solid good te for vy to go to.

sign johnson like we did with gage last yr to see what hes really about.

draft sweed if hes there, hardy or manningham.

then we have a solid wr corps

i just hope they get better all said and done. whatever it takes and i dont want hackett to sign here just because of his connection to our gm.

8. 12Gage

12Gage Camp Fodder

I'm very dissapointed we didn't get Stallworth or Berrian. We needed speed.. we wont get speed.

Another year another failure in free agency. A year from now we will all be sitting here again hoping for something and wont get it. Why even bother

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Bryant Johnson has been my top choice all along. He's a first-round pick (#17) who would be a stud by now if he wasn't stuck behind Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald. I watched him carefully during one game that he started last season and he looked fantastic.

That said, I'll be fine if we don't bring him in. If some team wants to throw a ridiculous amount of money at him, let them.

10. DJB

DJB Starter

Cleveland & Minnesota saved the Titans from making mistakes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar