Releasing Velasco a Mistake?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by UrbanLegend3, Sep 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Fernando looked good and was a bright spot of sorts for an awful Pittsburgh O-line last night. With Turner playing like absolute trash and Schwenke being an unknown commodity at this point, do you guys think we may have made a mistake by releasing Velasco?

2. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

too early to tell when you think about it because that was just one game vs cincy and I do think cincy is not as good as people make them out to be. I also think it is a different offense so he may thrive in that offense as opposed to our o line scheme.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Is this a joke, did Velasco find some talent while he was on the street?

4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Lol velasco got mauled last night in the few steelers drives I watched.

5. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I mainly saw the drives in the beginning of the game and he drew some praise from the annoncers. Velasco will never be a road-grater but he was keeping the rush off Ben for the most part. The Bengals also have one of the best D-lines in the league so it's not like he was playing scrubs. It's not like I think he's a stud or anything but I can tell you this much; he is definitely better than Turner. Thus this thread.

6. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

You know you can say the same thing bout the texans front 7 right??

I'm not throwing in the towel and complaining bout the move to turner just yet. Yea he has some ridiculous fouls and screwed up some plays... I don't think velasco would have done much better however.

It's game 2. Let it ride for a moment. The rookie is waiting in the shadows anyways

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

We could've released everyone who was on that dreadful line last year and I wouldn't have called it a mistake.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

9. MikeJonesDrew

MikeJonesDrew Special Teams Standout

Turner is playing Amano bad lately. What a wasted pick up. Either start Spencer or my boy outta CAL, the rook. Turner's back to back flags in our own endzone completely screwed us and gave us a safety pretty much. We had a first down and then Turner came to the Texans rescue and said, here guys ill help you out. This guy is a complete bum and one of the worst centers ive ever seen. After releasing Amano, thats saying something. GTFO Turner. I was screaming it when he had the back to back flags. WTF has that happen? Bums do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar