Relax, it's only the Regular Season....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Jwill1919, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

well, it would be good to have a starting quarterback getting most of the reps in camp and in the preseason.

Not ten days before your first game on the sked ...

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

So you're saying that the pre-season is an indicator for how good a team is eh? The Colts were 0-4 I believe in the preseason last year. How'd they turn out? The preseason is good for evaluating talent and looking at keeping fringe players. THAT'S IT. Our problems are far more deep-rooted than Pre-season play.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I would say that everybody that made their predictions about the Titans record for '06 , was counting yesterday's game as a Win.
    The fact we lost could be considered a very good indicator.

4. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I am truly dissapointed in that loss. If we would have won that and lost the next 4, I wouldnt have been as disapointed as that loss.

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

We are not the Colts. The Colts are a very disciplined group, what we continue to show is inconsistency and bad fundamentals. We make the same mistakes over and over and over and over. We don't correct mistakes, we just make excuses. The preseason is for these flaws to be ironed out, and a winning mentality to be born. If you continue to allow your team to lose in the preseason, then it starts to stick in the mindset of the players and they get used to it.........I don't ever want a football player used to losing, he then loses his edge. I agree with evaluating talent, but to a point, you have minicamps and all offseason to get a feel for the cieling of a player, you don't go into games totally unprepared and vanilla to the extent that you're guys are getting embarrased because you didn't even attempt to protect them and give them the best opportunity to make plays, that is just a slap in the face.

Kamikaz, I know what you're saying, but you know what I'm saying too, it's about being a man, and wanting to win battles. Our staff has shown us that it doesn't matter about winning battles in the offseason, therefore we go into the regular season flat and questioning ourselves as players. Did you want that when you played?

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

BTW how did that 14-2 record work out for the 1 and done dolts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar