Reinfeldt the Hero..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PitBull, Jun 12, 2007.

?
  1. agreed..

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Mods.. remove this poll and merge the threads. Nothing has changed. MR stinks.

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  3. You should have posted the donkey from Shrek3 trying to act cute instead. Now that was funny!

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

My definition of overpaying for a player is when you either pay them so much that you can't afford to make other necessary roster moves, you pay them anything at all but you can't trust them on the field, or you pay them what they're worth but they can't stay healthy. $3M for Fowler isn't that bad - a solid MLB with good special teams ability. Maybe $2M is better, but that extra $1M doesn't hurt us a bit since we're not overpaying our RB and 2 WRs by $10+M this year.

That's exactly it. We're a much better rounded team now, and we still have money to fill out the remaining gaps. In past years we've had problems with the talent gap from the starters to the backups, because everyone plays at some point. You can have highlight reels or depth, but you can't have both at every position.

2. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

I would not say our secondary is near the best in the league...

I cant really take this post seriously, it just seems like you are overrating every part of our team.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Most people complaining about no big signing's just don't have the financial understanding of the salary cap in the NFL. Some people want instant gratification now, regardless of the consequences later.

Lots of people happy with Reinsfeldt at this point (like me) are thinking at least the Titans won't be locking the star QB out of the training facility, truly looking like the joke franchise of the league.

I'm not ready to declare the new GM a hero, but I'm satisfied with this offseason to this point. Sure I would have liked to see a few things different, but I'm willing to actually see how the draft picks turn out and free agent signings before I consider MR the worst GM in the history of football, the way some posters around here type. :rolleyes:

It'll be fun in december to see how it all plays out, I'll be interested to see how Clements and Stallworth and all the other superpaid players turn out as well.

4. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

I love the way our FO is going about things right now. There were no great FAs out there this year...none. Clements was the best, but he was overpaid, so I'm glad we didn't make that move. The signings of Fowler and Herndon were great for our STs and our roster. Both may start, but if neither does, they still provide exceptional depth.

Like Alex, I don't think our secondary is suddenly top notch. But I do think it's now closer to average and last year it stunk. We still only have one proven DB (Hope) thanks to Pacman's suspension. Harper and Herndon and Hill may play well, but each has questions. Finnegan hasn't proven he can be a starter yet, but he shows a lot of promise. I like Lowry too. Seeing that hit on Harrison again from the Colts game (reshown on NFLNetwork a few days ago) reminded me of how much I like him. I hope he starts if they don't want to play Griffin there.

Griffin is the wildcard. I think he'd be a great starting safety, but as a rookie he would make mistakes. As a CB, I don't think he's a starter but he should see some time on the field. He'll be a STs ace this year though, in any case.

I want to see these guys in preseason before I make any solid judgments about our team though.

5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I pretty much agree, although I think there were a few FAs that were good... just most seemed to have some big question marks for a team that is looking more long term right now. Most were getting a little too close to the end of their career to make it worth it for them or the Titans. We are getting there, though. The secondary *could* be incredible, but there are still a lot of things that have to fall in place for that to pan out. There's no way the secondary this year will suck, though. I'll take good to very good and be happy.

I hope they're making the right call on Griffin. With the amount of man coverage we play, it would be great if he can do it... I think he's aggressive enough to knock a good WR off his route, and has a good sense for the ball to come down with some big plays. I'll give the change a good year before I decide if it's a good one or not.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

probably another one of those guys you didnt even know existed.

7. Fry

of course he was, the best FAs are always overpaid, doesn't matter how much cap room the teams have.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'm sure I'm not alone on that one. He's done what? I love how kids like you try to pretend someone is good once they sign with us, but before it happened you probably didn't know who the guy was either.
    As for the overpaying. You guys are missing the point. Spending money on 24 CB's that are ALL average players means you're blowing money. These guys aren't worth millions. I understand the league has a minimum, but if you pay over that minimum for a player that doesn't help you at all other than just being a body in camp - you overpaid.

9. Fry

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=28608&highlight=kelly+herndon

yep, before we signed him i wanted him. go ahead and keep putting words in my mouth though.

[​IMG]

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Oh, so you knew of him when he was released. You sure showed me! Now I guess you'll find something about his SB int for TD?
    Isn't the internet great? He didn't ever do much, and most casual fans wouldn't know him if you said his name.
    But go ahead, act like he was some big name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar