Reinfeldt Pleased with Titans Draft Choices

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Whos the person who asked if Paul will play corner...

NO WAY!

That dude is a force.

He'll be a starter by mid season

2. zackmann

zackmann Guest

him and Fisher seem to be only ones

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

No, they're not. I'm just not, and other people as well who have a sliver of rationale, pessimistic enough to say it was a failure when none of them have played a down...

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

People here know more than what Williams himself is thinking.

5. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

I'm not happy. We really needed a top tier D-end, and we didn't get one. Going safety was ok, b/c I' tired of seeing Lamont constantly take bad angles and miss tackles, and showing up in the picture after the play is over.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Yea, getting a guy who might be another Ed Reed sounds real good to me. We just went from F- at S to possibly an A so our defense got a huge upgrade with that one pick.

I hope they don't scew things up by moving him to CB. Start him at S from day one.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:werd:

I love the Griffin pick.

8. Hooky Hornstein

Hooky Hornstein Camp Fodder

Maybe I'm overly optimistic, but I find the Titan's draft reminiscent of the kind of drafts the Dallas Cowboys used to make in the early '70s when they'd draft a bunch of nobodies from nowhere and the nobodies would end up going to seven straight pro-bowls.

Going into this draft, I think most gurus agreed that there were six to eight great picks followed by about forty pretty good picks. At 19, all of the great picks were gone except (arguably) Brady Quinn, and the Titans didn't need him, so the Titans had to pick from the forty that were all just about as good as each other.

As a Texas fan, as well as a Titans fan, I like Michael Griffin. While Huff and Ross have grabbed the headlines over the last few years, Griffin has been the most consistent player in the Texas secondary. The glue who has held the unit together.

One thing though: everybody's talking about how he can play any position back there, and at Texas he did, however, the one time he started at CB for Texas (against Ohio State, when Tarrell Brown was suspended) the results were disasterous.

So, I'd say Griffen will be a fine safety and a great nickel back, but don't put him at corner.

And maybe, just maybe, he can help us get over the loss of PacMan on special teams by blocking a couple of punts. If anyone can do it, he can.

The Chris Henry selection surprised me, but I believe what the Titan coaches are saying about him being a victim of the system. Arizona coach Mike Stoops is a hardheaded, hotheaded idgit who is just the kind of guy to try to hammer a square peg into a round hole. It'll be interesting to see how Henry develops with Tennessee.

Paul Williams is quite an enigma. If what has been written can be believed, it sounds like he would rather be a corner than a receiver. Fine. Tennessee can certainly use help there too. But since Williams never played on defense at the college level (except on the scout team in 2002) how big of a learning curve would he have? Mark him down as a project.

As for rounds 4 through 7, who the heck really knows? They're always gambles any way, no matter who you are or who you got. If they weren't longshots they would've gotten picked sooner.

I am, however, intrigued by Ryan Smith and Joel Filani.

The only thing that really bothers me about the last two days is how cheaply New England got Randy Moss from Oakland while we were working so hard to get Mike Williams. That's like one of those d'oh! things.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Gosselin gave our draft an A grade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar