Reinfeldt Looking to Upgrade Roster

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bennett vs stallworth..

Stallworth 725 yards receiving on a team that threw for 4119.

Bennett 737 yards receiving on a team that threw for 2596 yards.

Bennett was 28% of the titans receiving yards. Stallworth was 17% of his teams total.

The eagles had 100 more pass completions than the titans did last year. So what did stallworth do that was so great? Stallworth has averaged 703 yards per season in his career and never once has had a 1000 yard season. Bennett has averaged 737 the last 2 years and has passed the 1000 yard mark.

74% of bennett's career catches are first downs.

72% of stallworth's career catches are first downs.

Bennett has 50 more career catches than stallworth.

Again the titans offered bennett just $3M a year and stallworth almost $6M.

Their heads are up their :moon2: ....

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bulluck is right..

Bennett is no #1. Let's let justin gage have a crack at it..:rolleyes:

40%! That's the percentage of WR yards attributed to bennett the last 2 seasons. Last year bennett and wade combined for 63% of all the WR yards.

3. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Look i'm not saying that one is better than the other, but the big difference to me is Stallworth having big play ability down the field which was huge last year considering he almost averaged 20 YPC. Plus he also only appeared in 12 games compared to Drew's 16. If I had the choice, i'd take Stallworth. But that's just me.

4. well bennet is going to have fun getting almost no balls thrown to him while bruce and holt are still on the roster

5. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

i think he'll still get his catches..

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Stallworth's big play ability..

Stallworth's career ypc is 15.1 nowhere near the 19 he had last year and in his previous 2 years he averaged only 13.5 . Bennett's career ypc is 14.8 which isn't that different. If it is a big play guy you want then give ashley lelie a $7M a year deal because his average is 17.5.

Did the pats sign the 19 yard version of stallworth or the 13.5 ypc guy from 04 and 05?

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Titan fan..

I think you are right because kevin curtis averaged 36 catches in the 2 years he was exclusively a #3 there and bruce is getting old. The difference is that bennett will produce more yards and first downs with his catches than curtis did.

8. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

The Rams stink. Just throwin' that out there. St. Louis is cool though.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Rams 8-8..

So were the titans. The rams have won 5 more regular season games over the last 8 years than we have.

10. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

If the Rams OL holds up, they should have a very good offense. There D is still a question though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar