Reinfeldt Confirms Interest in Keyshawn

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I like him as a player. Personally couldn't care if his family took money. Doesn't make him any less of a player.

2. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

you dont win because he isnt a titan.

but i agree that he would be a good addition to the WR corps.

3. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

Keyshawn Johnson sucks, has always sucked, and will continue to suck!

ha...just wanted to say that. I really hope he doesn't suck and working with Vince lights a fire under his ***.

4. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Two years be cool if reinfeldt pull the trigger, i can hear Mike Keith saying. Touchdowwwwnnnnnnnn TITANS!

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm still trying to figure out what huge upgrade Keyshawn is going to be. What we want in a best case scenario is for one of the young guys to step up and be a better player than Bennett. We want to be better at some point than we were last year at the WR position be it Givens coming back next year, a young guy really stepping up including one of the rookies or maybe a vet down the road. Keyshawn is a temporary upgrade, maybe, but he isn't long term and he really isn't an upgrade to Bennett. IMO why bother, his presense will just take snaps away from other guys we need to get on the field.

6. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Keyshwan has proven he can catch the ball, has proven he will fight for the ball and is an excellent blocker.

I would hope by season's end he will be a role player for us and we could even cut him loose at the end of the season because our young receivers have stepped up.

But until they show us that, I think it is a prudent move to give Vince a target he can trust to help in his development.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'd give Key a 2-year deal and cut Justin Gage.

Then I'd wait for Justin McCareins, though since they couldn't move him during the draft, the Jets might be more inclined to just keep him now. But if we got McCareins, I'd consider releasing R.Williams (which I hate to say) or Jonathan Orr.

8. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I don't see McCareins as an upgrade over our young receivers. Keyshawn has proven he can be a dependable receiver in the clutch. McCareins has proven he is an average-below average WR.

If we sign a McCareins/Gage caliber receiver, then I'd agree with Sox that all we are doing is denying our rookies playing time. Keyshawn is a definite upgrade. McCareins isn't.

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Expect 2 things...

The Titans to sign Keyshawn.

The deal will be for 3 years (cap reasons).

He will be...

An upgrade over Bennett...he's got better hands, is a better red zone threat, and a MUCH better blocker.

Now if we could just turn our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rnd draft choices next year into Faneca and Dwight Freeney...we'd be off to the races!!!

Gut

10. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Better Hands Than Bennett Of Course He Does!! Bring Him On .. Go Titans!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar