Reinfeldt Comments on the Upcoming Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by goTitans.com, Apr 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

well, i guess i'll start with the basics. you mentioned albert, stewart, and roos...but they still haven't been locked up long term. that would be my first priority. he hasn't done anything. i wouldn't have picked up mccareins because he's not going to contribute and he wasn't worth the money. also, the draft last year was not a good one. we picked a rb that didn't even start in college..simply because he was fast in the combine. the combine isn't ****. i wouldnt have farted around picking up players like carr and kearse either. we should have locked up odom atleast. he wanted to be here. i have a feeling alberts gone after this season because the titans wont pay him the money he wants...so yeah, id say mr is an idiot.

2. smili

smili Starter

Here's to a better draft than we had last year - at least based on what I've seen so far. I agree with previous poster, that if we let the vets go we've got to do better in the draft than we did last year.

Maybe of the WR we draft, we might find 1 that'll work out. Maybe it's too early to say anything about the 2007 class, but for the most part it's been a disappointing history with WR with the exception of Mason in the 4th round back in 1997. K Dyson and Calico could've been very good if not for injury. J Mac was pretty good in his day, and certainly good for 4th round pickup.

rd pick
    3 80 Paul Williams WR Fresno State
    4 128 Chris Davis WR Florida State
    6 188 Joel Filani WR Texas Tech

6 172 Jonathan Orr WR Wisconsin

3 68 Courtney Roby WR Indiana
    3 96 Brandon Jones WR Oklahoma
    4 136 Roydell Williams WR Tulane

2 60 Tyrone Calico WR Middle Tennessee State

5 151 Jake Schifino WR Akron
    7 225 Darrell Hill WR Northern Illinois

4 124 Justin McCareins WR Northern Illinois

1 16 Kevin Dyson WR Utah

2 46 Joey Kent WR Tennessee
    4 98 Derrick Mason WR Michigan State

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Titan team, why is cason such an outrageous pick? He is rated as a late 1st rd prospect and we need a corner with pacman hitting the road.

As for safety hope is coming off a career compromising injury.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

yep. There were also plenty solid FAs that would have been upgrades that we didn't even show the slightest interest in. All while having the most money to spend.
    MR doesn't have to go out and sign 10 monster deals. Nobody expects 3 huge deals. But if you've got the most money in the nfl (or 2nd most), you have to either KEEP the talent you have, or replace the talent you're losing... and he did neither.

How does anyone expect us to improve 10-6? Or does anyone care? Seems some are just thrilled we were a wildcard last year. Might as well have been 4th in the afc south. The outcome was the same. Nobody remembers a wildcard.

And if we're expecting to improve through the draft, we better do a heck of a lot better than last years. 1 quality starter out of 7 picks?

5. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

In all reality, how many Draft picks end up being QUALITY starters their first year? 2? If your lucky, 4?

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

http://www.databasefootball.com/draft/draftteam.htm?tm=TEN&lg=NFL

this will tell the story of how you can't get a good WR in the third or fourth rounds and expect them to be good. This will tell the story about how we draft defensively and then lose the players in the offseason because of "cap fear". This will tell you the story of MR and his horrible picks. Just read, and then tell me how you think this draft is going to be....i'm hopeful but I gotta say, i'm scared.

7. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Your glass went from half full to......tipped the heck over huh?!!!

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

That is ridiculous. Phillips essentially gives us two positions. S and CB because if Hope is playing well we can still move Griffin to CB. Think about it. If Phillips is as good of a prospect as Griffin at S and Griffin can move to CB we might be better off than drafting a CB who isn't as good as Griffin. Phillips has almost identical speed numbers as Griffin but he weighs 212 pounds. We get the best of both worlds, a secondary that can take peoples heads off and still cover. I'd sure rather do that than reach for a CB or take a boring DL guy just because he plays DL. We need stud playmakers and Phillips can be one IMO.

The same principle applies to drafting Mayo. Mayo is a 240 pound LB who runs like a S and has great instincts. You grab those guys when you can IMO. I'd take Mayo or Phillips over Balmer any day.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Okay but we need more offense. Playmakers. At least it should be the main focus.

10. mellowyellow

mellowyellow Camp Fodder

if we have the chance we need to get Limas Sweed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar