Regular Season game in London

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LazyManJackson, Feb 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maximus

maximus Starter

I would love for the NFL to air more NFLE games.
    As for London never having a team, they had the Monarchs before they moved or folded

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. The Monarchs folded as they didn't get enough money to keep playing.
    Bankrupt.

4. maximus

maximus Starter

I guess by now I should be used to you being sarcastic

5. We get 1 game of NFL Europe a week plus a weekly magazine show, it is increasing in poularity in college and their thinking of setting up the Scottish Claymores again.

Bring On Wembely

6. So how exactly is 1 regular game going to make Brits go gaga over the NFL when it failed to take hold after multiple seasons of NFL Europe/WLAF?

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well I'll kill a couple of birds with one stone here.

Bringing an NFL game to Europe will NOT help American football become more widespread. Just like the NFLE it will be a very exclusive showcase of American talent and nothing more.

What needs to be done is create and support national football leagues in the European countries. The German's already have a really good league and they draw more spectators than most NFLE games. I don't know about the Austrian league, but I know Vienna Viking's have a huge fanbase considering how small the sport is.

Eventually these leagues will be strong enough that international competitions can be formed, World Cups and whatnot.

However brining an NFL regular season game to Europe does nothing, other than potentially pad the NFL owners pocketbooks. Not exactly a "worthy cause".

8. The Monarchs were replaced by the Berlin Thunder as they could not find a suitable venue to play and have a good enough attendence.

I have asked a lot of Brits if they liked the fact that a regular season game being played. They'd love to check out all the hype players and see how it's played. Sky Sports have already announced that the deal for the game is being finalised, and that in the coming months, we will find out more about it. As for Not exactly a "worthy cause", many famous NFL players have loved playing at Wembly such as the 'Fridge', and he said it would be great for the sport if a game is played at Wembely. The players would love to come over to London and see how historic the city is and how much of a fan base there is in London for the NFL.

I say Bring On Wembely

9. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

I would definitely travel to London... The nfl europe sucked so bad... and I personally hated the "nationals" policy is this league. There should have been more european players in order to become european. It was too alienated, it seemed like prospects on vacation over europe doing scrimmages to se if the could get their feet in the "real" nfl

10. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

Vienna Vikings, just like Palermo are the other teams big in europe but just in their city , their national leagues suck as much as (well, maybe a little less) the Spanish one.

By the way, my team made it to the first division Spanish league, and we are the newcomer ready to have no victory but fun. Maybe next year, we are now 0-2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar