Regular Season game in London

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LazyManJackson, Feb 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

I'm scared that I actually do know.
  2. LazyManJackson

LazyManJackson Starter

Bah, Northerners, they're living in another world...

If there is a team in England, then it should have been done in the early 80's when there was a lot of interest, ask a guy on the streets of London now what they fought of american footballers, he would say they're pussies, over-paid freaks of nature and they can't watch a game because it stops and starts all the time, to be honest, they've probably only watched 5 mins of a game ever...

That's why a game every few years could spark interest, and get the game to be become more popular, a ''worldwide'' sport...
  3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ® Tip Jar Donor

I guess we have 'Groundskeeper Willie' to thank for that.

Now where'd a put ma grease? :)
  4. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UUWi_HhTW6s"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UUWi_HhTW6s" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
  5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I'm surprised England is even considered a prime target for a game, clearly Germany is the bigger market, not to mention a better location from a strictly geographical standpoint (easier access for the rest of Europe compared to England).
  6. LazyManJackson

LazyManJackson Starter

It is, however, they're considering bidding for a game in 2009/10, for the U.K, next season is what we're going for...
  7. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

I guess your just talking regular nfl games, not the whole sport regular season games.

"The name argument" is the most lame one i´ve heard of politics when talked them about me running a football team here, in stupid "one sport minded" Spain.
    No wonder why whe have the highest child obesity rate of the EU
  8. LazyManJackson

LazyManJackson Starter

I think England have the fattest kids by far Michi...
  9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ® Tip Jar Donor

They're saying a team will play abroad once every sixteen years which would mean one location(where ever) that may be each year.

If they are looking to build on their fan base & revenue then you would think each location would need to get a game each year. Four locations would mean a team losing a home game every four years.

I can understand why home fans would be pissed. In all seriousness I would rather save up & go & experience a game with home fans & people I've met here than watch a game in my home country.

Sure I'd meet some fellow fans here but a large proportion of spectators would be new to the game & either drunk or asking 20 questions all the time.

I'm even on the waiting list for a PSL/season ticket :yes:
  10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I think so too, with Germany in a close second.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.