Reese: Titans will draft a Corner or DE

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TNThunder, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

We'll draft a WR first round, everyone is talking about how we need to surround vince with weapons, and i agree with it

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I'm actually hoping we don't pick til #30 :yes:
    then, I'll just take the BPA thank you

3. ROCKYMTNTITAN

ROCKYMTNTITAN Camp Fodder

:werd:

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm not sure I don't agree with you. That would mean we made a deal for Turner.

As far as getting a WR just to get VY some weapons we have to consider the value of the pick. If WR is something they think they can address later in the draft and that the drop off in talent is not significant enough to not wait you have to go with the highest value available IMO. If there is a higher rated CB sitting there, or DE and we are confident a WR(s) we like will be available in the 2nd or 3rd it simply makes better sense to take the higher value guy. If we can get a guy like Revis in the 1st I wouldn't be adverse to it at all.

5. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

If this was a year ago, these statements would have carried a lot of substance. But right now Reese is guessing just as anyone would. Personally I think its a sure deal that we are getting a WR unless someone drops. I believe right now its between Jarrett, Ginn, and Bowe...

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Really, it wouldn't be a terrible thing if we ended up taking two receivers fairly high. Givens is a big question mark at this point and the only half way decent receiver on our roster besides him is Jones.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The difference between going for a WR in round one and round two this year isn't as big a deal as most think. We probably do need to get a WR by the end of round 2, but if we go D in round one, we're addressing impact needs most efficiently. A strong rookie DE opposite KVB would help the rest of our D a lot more than a rookie WR will. There are plenty of WRs that we can get that will help us out, but we can wait, if we have one we really like, trade up in the second.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Sorry GT3801, this is my pet peeve of the draft conversation: Why, if Adams, Anderson and Carriker are gone by 19 are we going to go DE in one. I will be happy if one falls to us, BUT, I'm thinking all are gone by 15. Even Jax and Natti ahead of us could use a DE. Jags have a 7th round starter, Natti's last DE has a neck injury.

Give me Tim Crowder in round two and I'll be happy. Or Spencer, Abiamiri, Woodley, Moses, McDonald (who has value as a DE/DT tweener).....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar