Reese Speaks to Hartwig's Agent

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans C Justin Hartwig is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent in March. Titans GM Floyd Reese and Drew Rosenhaus, the agent for Hartwig, spoke on Wednesday about the possibility of a long-term deal. "I guess I don't know if I want to comment on that," Hartwig said. "I would say call Drew about it, but I think they want to try and re-sign me. It is just a matter of dollars and cents. But I guess they want to work with me."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.
  2. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

I'm guessing the conversation went something like this...

Drew - "My client is the finest center in the league, we want a Jonathan Ogden type deal."

Floyd - "Here is the number of a good substance abuse clinic, give me a call when you get off the crack."
  3. maximus

maximus Camp Fodder

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  4. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I wasn't in the room, but it doesn't look good for Hartwig. Shark is going shopping for sure. "But I guess they want to work with me." ???? What kind of quote is that?:suspect:
  5. Nash

Nash Starter

My sources (pretty reliable) tell me today that Steve Hutchinson has made inquiry and wants to play here next season..Has anyone else heard this??
  6. Broken Record

I'd love to have him, but that doesn't seem to make sense. Why would Hutchinson want to come to Tennessee?
  7. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Yeah, what he said...

Seattle = Pro Bowl QB, best RB in the league, fantastic o-line, Super Bowl contendor (and should be again next year)

Tennessee = rebuilding
  8. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

Maybe he has a soft spot for country music
  9. Starkiller

Starkiller 9

I don't know of any connection he has to the area, but I guess it's not impossible. Gunther Cunningham came here partly because his in-laws were here, so it could be something like that.
  10. Broken Record

I believe he played college ball in Michigan, but I don't know where he is from originally. Still seems kind of odd for a guy playing on the #1 seed going into the playoffs inquiring about moving to Tennessee. I mean, the timing just seems really weird.

The Gunther point is well taken, though. I suppose it could be something like that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.