Reese predicts Hester is the new Mason

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, May 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. well i guess that they are going to try him at either WR or CB, personally i think he would have a much bigger impact at WR, and hes not nearly big enough to play runninback IMO

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He's bigger than Warrick Dunn was by 2 inches and 10 lbs. He could play those positions but I predict he has ZERO impact at any of them. But, he does have more of a chance to make impact on offense than he does defense. Just because he can't cover to save his life.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Dunn isn't exactly standard issue for a RB. I'm sure Hester is bigger than Darren Sproles too, but he's a heck of a lot smaller than Lendale White or the Bus.

4. Deuce Wayne

I'm just saying that he isn't TOO small for the position. Warrick Dunn had speed as hester does. Probably had better vision and cuts too, but size and speed are around the same.
    Reggie Bush is around the same size too. 13 lbs difference, but that could change.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

he has settled into his ESPN job nicely then.

6. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Possibly the worst comparison ever made.

7. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Devin Hester = Eric Metcalf

Whose to say he can't be effective in a range of screens, reverses etc. He doesn't have to be a downfield receiver and he certainly doesn't have to catch the ball in traffic.

8. Deuce Wayne

Yeah, he can use screens, but only if he can catch the ball. I'm guessing Miami would've tried him at receiver if he could catch.
    My bet: he'll be struggling to make rosters within a couple years, or just be a special teams guy.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

at least he will always be able to say he scored a TD in a Super Bowl.

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I don't doubt that there's a way to use Hester in an offense effectively, but to suggest that he is at all the type of player that Mason was in his prime is just ridiculous. Mason is on the field for most plays. At best, Hester might see 6 or 8 snaps on offense each game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar