Reese on "Robinson Roster Building"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Broken Arrow, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I think it makes a lot of sense and probably was the case, to some extent or another. Perhaps NO was considering the 5/11 swap then Pats upped their offer and NO decided they'd rather have the additional pick/player rather than just a trade up.

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Like I told @JCBRAVE - Trade woulda been done as quick as we offered 18! But we never did.

Swap always made the most sense for JRob.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Ryan isn't only a nickel, he's more than capable of playing on the outside

4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

He was having trouble as a full time cb2 last year prior to Eric Rowe becoming a thing. Then they started using him as more of a matchup guy (inside). He was often (always) working with cone coverage to his side last year when I watched.

Side note- patriots defense is really fun to watch. Lots of 2 Read Coverage, brackets taking away the #1. Watching ours is a snooze fest.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Hmm ya know, I just don't buy it. This wasn't a great free agency for us. Didn't get any WR help and some of the good ones went on 1 year deals. We kept players I think need replaced like Woodyard and Cassel. Didn't make a run at cordarelle and signed a crappy returner instead.

I don't believe carrying over all this cap is such a great deal. If they plan on signing lewan long term then they need to just do it now and front load the contract.

We are deserving of our cheap reputation.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • High Five High Five x 2
  6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

some useless bum from a big market duh

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

100% wrong

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

To, me the man has done a phenomenal job. But it's a small sample size.

Has he been perfect? No. I liked the trade up for conk, but you can despute it. I mainly like to see someone in titans blue attacking the draft and making things happen.

If we have to overpay to get a guy we really think fits this team, Im cool.

The three second rounders last year...

The two defensive players are incomplete. Johnson showed a little promise, and you usually don't expect much out of a rookie DT, but we still don't know.

Dodd is a complete unknown. But so far it don't look good. Smart money is on "no" on that one.

Henry is also incomplete. I loved what I saw, but for some perplexing reason, there wasn't much of it. Really want to see him featured more this year. Would like to see an even spilt by seasons end. Keep both fresh.

This draft will be telling. Can't friggin wait, wish it would hurry up!

9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Can't resign/renegotiate a rookie contract until after his 3rd year.

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. DaCost

DaCost Starter

This is JRobs second year and Mariotas 3rd .....if Mariota stays healthy I'm expecting us to be in the playoffs this year . If we end up with 5 ,6 or 7 wins I will start to question JRob but for now I'm happy with what I see.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar