Reese Feels Draft Helps Return Titans to Competitiveness

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans GM Floyd Reese feels this draft made his team more competitive in a number of positions. "I think we’re finally back to the point where it’s going to be competitive at every spot," said Reese. "If that means a free agent comes in and he’s better than a draft choice, then so be it. For a year or so, or two, I think we were stuck with people because you have investments in them and you can’t afford to make changes. But I think for the most part that’s over now. If you look at our roster, we’re signing free agents now and by the end of day we will probably have 85 or 90 guys signed on the roster. That creates good competition because you’re not lining up with a starter and four free agents, you’re lining up with a starter and a backup and maybe a draft choice and two free agents. That makes a world of difference."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

let the position battles begin !

I can't wait to see the RB's (#21 for sure)

3. it better be, i think we will have the two back system that a lot of teams are going to, so itll be chris brown and then lendale white, which will feature a more elusive type back and a power runover everything in sight type of guy

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

what about Henry ?

5. talldrinko

talldrinko Guest

Henry May Be In Troble

Omar Ganter 7th Rd Pick Utah ,flold Says He Will Be A Chage Of Pace Back Or 3rd Down Back As Every1 Calls Them,he Rushed For
    Over 11oo Yds ,over 350 Reciving ,good Pass Blocker.unless Travis Has 1 Hell Of Camp We Will Trade Or Cut Him Because I More Blunt & Hes Gone Anyway.

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

He's also a former pro bowl player who hasn't lost much working at the league minimum. A rookie 7th round draft choice would be hard pressed to match that value imo.

7. Ganter could become a solid FB

8. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

LenDale should be the 3rd down back..

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Titans backfield currently is CB, Henry, Payton, Flemming, Nash, White and Ganter and possible some FAs I am unaware of at this time.

Flemming is a FB/HB type hybrid player who I hope Chow is better able to use this season. White is a power back, I am drooling as I type. CB is above average to very good HB, but is fragile and unable to play a whole 60 minutes much less a whole 16 game schedule - unreliable. TH is a pothead. Payton could be the longshot that makes the team again. Nash is a complete question mark.

I think TH does not make the team and if he does he will be competing for just a few snaps as White should get his and CB/Payton/Flemming should be getting the rest and who knows about Nash.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm thinking the Titans want Ganter to compete with Fleming. Fleming was a huge disappointment last season after showing some promise as a rookie. Ganter is built and he strengths are blocking. He also has good hands. That indicates to me they may want him to do a Holcombe and bulk to 235 or so and move to FB.

If he's any good on special teams, I think he could have a shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar