Redskins Trade With Rams For No. 2 Overall Pick

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Shanvhere, Mar 9, 2012.

1. dtm586

dtm586 Starter

lol you gotta love how the Redskins and Daniel Snyder operate things in our Nations Capitol; a bunch of go-getters.

Doesn't it seem every year the Redskins are the LEAST drafting team when draft time rolls around. They alllllways are giving away picks like its a swap meet.

Almost as bad as Mike Ditka trading all his draft picks to Washington for Ricky "Running" Williams - and Washington being able TO DO ABSOULETLY NOTHING with those draft picks of any value.

I personally still think Cam Newton will be a much better QB than RGIII, its only a hunch and a prediction but I just dont see RGIII panning out I dont know why - and Washington is usually where careers go to die so we shall see.

It wont be long now until we get 10 years of media and fans comparing Newton's career and athletic ability to that of RGIII's. My hunch has me sticking with Newton when its all said and done.
  2. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Back when Ditka sold the farm for Ricky Williams, everyone thought that was a good idea.
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

They should be plenty happy with Roy Helu.
  4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

I'm a big fan of RG3, and I'm glad the Skins finally got a QB. Hopefully he doesn't bust.

He's literally like Vick.. but smarter and more accurate. He could easily become a top-5 QB with his athletic ability, or could be the next bust.

Only time will tell if this was a good deal or not.
  5. Titan43

Titan43 Pro Bowler

Really any QB taken in the 1st has all the tools they need to succeed in the NFL (execpt Tebow), it really just comes down to 2 things, are they willing to put in the work and are they surrounded by a quality cast. I like RGIII and think he will be willing to put in the work, but unfortunately it will be hard to surround him with a quality cast if you have no draft picks. They can try to go out and sign a bunch of FA's, but its going to be more expensive and there is a very limited number of really good FA's in any given year. You can always find some good talent in the 1st round of the draft. The Redskins are too focused on winning RIGHT NOW. That is why they do things like trade away all their picks and try to go after big FAs. That just is not a good situation for a young QB to be in. RG really needs to be on a team that will be patient with him, and give him some good young players that he can grow with and develop with. I just don't think he will get that with the Redskins.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

The Redskins made a big mistake giving away so much. I agree with them that Robert Griffin will be great, but so will Matt Flynn. Redskins could have had him and still built a supporting cast with all those picks they handed over. I think Dan Snyder will need to step away from the team before they see success over there.
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

I think Mike Vick is the last person I'd compare him to. I would say they're both extremely athletic and influential, but personality wise they seem like polar opposites.
  8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

That's what I meant... athletically, not personality wise.
  9. TitansFaninAZ

TitansFaninAZ Practice Squad

He is Myron Rolle in Michael Vick's body, without the conviction of a felony.