Red rover red rover please don't send Hoyer on over

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cdubbs2121, Nov 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

I've seen a couple mock drafts with the Titans taking Cook in the 1st.

If that happens, I'll be at an all time pissed with this team.

2. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

I sometimes don't understand why as a fan base we get comfortable starting qbs like Kerry F'n Collins, Matt Hasselbeck, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and recently our new savior is Mett.

While Mett is a rookie (I realize this) If he continues to look like a glorious oak tree standing in the pocket for opposing defenders and can't lead us to victories why why why are people posting that he should be the guy next year at qb for us? Do we just like to toil in misery? To watch guys like Luck come in and shred?

Either get a playmaking qb or stay at the bottom of the pack/have an AMAZING support cast around a talented game manager (which Hoyer is not) and the team which we don't have have (like the 2009 titans with the monster defense).

We need to take another shot at a QB imo if Mett doesn't show big changes this second half.

3. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Being in Canada, I've never watched or cared about NCAA football. Now that I pay such close attention to the Titans, it sucks because I genuinely have no idea about any of the players in the draft. All I have to go on are what other people post and the players that tv is pumping the tires on. Neither of which I can put much stock into.

Those 4-5 minute clips on youtube can only be so good too. If you're s starter, you should have enough solid plays to make a youtube video.

This said, I'm really hoping Mett can show enough so the FO feels they can go D in the 1st this year. Besides, there isn't a can't miss QB and our OL is still gonna be pretty real bad.

4. CalgaryTitansFan

Problem is, how often does someone like Luck become available? None of the QB's drafted this past draft are tearing it up, there also doesn't seem to be any can't miss guys in the coming draft. We have a rookie who can only get better. Do you want to reach during a crappy QB class, or would you rather let Mett continue to develop and get an elite talent on D to help build that unit. If Mett doesn't put it together, the following year will be another high pick where hopefully the QB class is a bit better.

5. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Derek Carr looks decent with the miserable team around him. Bortles the same.

Who exactly is the world beater qb who'll be out next year that does things Winston and Mariotta can't do?

Continuing to remain unstable at the QB and doing things like taking offensive guards in the top 10 is a sure fire way to get in our current situation and keep it going.

I'm also not suggesting just a qb will change things. Clearly we could use a fewwwwww playmakers. I would love Cooper if he fell.

6. CalgaryTitansFan

Isn't Bortles leading the league in picks?

No idea, as per my previous post, I don't watch NCAA so I don't know who the prospects are. I just know that from the sounds of things, there isn't a clear cut #1 this year.

I'd agree, but do you really think 2 games is enough to know Mett doesn't have it? At least wait til the end of the season before saying we need another QB, I mean he was projecting to be a second round pick prior to his injury and off field issues.

I'd be happy to give him, and the coaching staff a year to get things in place and draft the best D prospect they can who can start week 1. I'd like a LB, but frankly BPA works for me (no more OL please).

7. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

When it comes to NCAA, I'm the guy to go to. Don't listen to these other fools, they know just as much as you.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

i would take hoyer as a backup instead of cbj. or as a vet hold over until we can get a firsr round pick ready. but not as a long term solution.

9. CalgaryTitansFan

Not to be a dick, what makes you the guy to go to? Genuinely asking- do you watch a tonne- or just puffing your chest? Lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar