Red Ring of Death? No problem! Free fix!

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Deuce Wayne, Dec 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

way way too long?

It takes 1 week. If you can't go that long without gaming, you NEED it to break.

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

You read me so well. I love playing games 24/7 365 days a year. :moon2:

Why have someone else do it for you when you could just as easily do it yourself in a fraction of the time with stuff you could get at your local Best Buy for 5 dollars. Easy, Peezy.

3. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Amen.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Because one way is free and doesn't kill your factory deal.

5. BigD73OT

BigD73OT NFL Free Agent

My brothers just went out about a month ago...it depends on how much use it had....Instead of a RROD you will get a YELLOW light.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's not about use, it's just the hardware.

7. ChattTitansFan

ChattTitansFan Practice Squad

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

as long as the 360 is less than 3 years old, the first thing that should be done is check the rrod warranty online, like the OP said, it should tell you
    if not, 1-800-4my-xbox... talk it through
    stop

however, if its older than 3 years or you've already been in it for whatever reason then look for problems with the heatsink . there's a ton of info on it, unfortunately because so many people have had to do it

BiP's tip on adding more exhaust will help (blow away from the console, not into it)
    however, if the heatsink isn't dissipating heat properly it's probably going to overheat regardless

9. BigD73OT

BigD73OT NFL Free Agent

Its actually the soldering come loose inside the cpu and gpu....u can take the ps3 apart and reflow them and it will work fine. Just did it to my brothers dead ps3....pretty simple fix...just pay attention to what screws you got from where as they are not all the same diameter and lengths.

10. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Mine 360 just got the RROD, I registered it online and printed out the shipping label. Me and my son only play on weekends, but we still like to be able to play when we want to. Guess I will have to go ahead and beat Drakes Fortune 2 on the PS3 now. Lets see how long this takes as I plan on shipping out the 360 tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar