Red Dead Redemption is SICK!

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by jessestylex, May 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

To be fair, LittleBigPlanet was a relative failure for the most part, as the user community never really took off and their wasn't enough base levels to sustain longevity. And InFamous was okay, but nothing extraordinary really looking back at it.

This game, IMO, is in another league, a legitimate GOTY contender.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Considering the sequel is coming out and over 3 million sold, it's far from a failure.

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

A commercial success doesn't make it a complete success. Honestly, how long did you play that game, and then how long did you think you were going to play when you first threw it on the tray. I know myself and many others waited and waited for community input and it didn't really shine.

The sequel looks like a glorified expansion pack as well. Looks like an even more convoluted creation system and some more developer levels. Meh.

4. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

I've enjoyed EVERY western shooter ever made. Both Call of Juarez's, Red 1, etc. It's only natural that RDR2 will be a hammer!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Commercial and critical success as well as Game of the Years awards, tonnes of user created levels...massive failure...

6. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

And I wasn't impressed with the "massive" amount of user created levels. A bunch of circle jerking by professional critics for AAA titles doesn't mean I or anyone else has to agree. Grand Theft Auto IV was given MASSIVE critical approval - I don't think I've seen so many 10/10s for a single title. Myself and many other people weren't that impressed.

I'm allowed to think it was a failure Gun, as is Fightin. And you're allowed to think it was something special. It's all relative, that's my point.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

There is a difference between not liking it and calling it a relative failure.

8. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Yeah. i'll be buying this one.

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

To me, it was a failure. The user created levels simply weren't fun to play for very long (and I tried a lot of them), the developers levels were great fun but you could beat those in a weekend, and the creation tools felt needlessly convoluted.

The key word is "relative" failure, meaning it didn't deliver to me what I expected. You can talk about sales and how other professional reviewers fawned over it. That doesn't make it a successful game in my eyes. It makes a game that got high praise and was marketed well enough to yield nice sales.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Like I said, difference between opinion and relative failure.

Lair was a relative failure.
    Not liking GTAIV is an opinion as it clearly wasn't a failure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar