Red Dead Redemption is SICK!

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by jessestylex, May 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Awesome game from Rockstar.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kgogah1INcY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kgogah1INcY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Red Dead Revolver was awesome. So were the Call of Juarezs, and Gun. I love western games.

3. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Call of Juarez 2 far exceeded my expectations. Red Dead is doing the same.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

This looks fun. Is this sort of an Uncharted goes west?

5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

It's more like Grand Theft Auto goes west, but is less vulgar, more grounded in reality/less fantastical, and overall more things to do. The story is more like a revisionist Western film-plot (think Spaghetti, Pekinpah, Eastwood, etc) with a very immerse open world. There are also a lot of different things to do, not limited to: hunting, gambling, treasure hunting, law-enforcement OR outlaw (you're call), dozens of different side-quests (like saving an innocent women from being hung for example). Uncharted is more linear, where-as this does have a linear story missions, but tons of other activities.

If you like Westerns or games with a lot to do (I've played for roughly 15 hours and I'm not that far, constantly getting sidetracked with other things in the game), give it a go. It is, in my opinion, the best console game of this generation. That's just my call, but it does have critical acclaim.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I may have to trade in some of my games and get it.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Wow. That's a serious endorsement. I shall purchase.

8. Toly

Toly Free your mind

This game is a technical achievement. The amount of details for a game of this scale is unreal, not to mention everything that goes on no matter where you are on the map. It really makes you feel like you are a tiny character revolving around this huge world rather than the world revolving around you. And it's a beautiful world too. When you're exploring it's not hard to stop on top of a hill and watch the landscape as the sun sets, or observe how the wildlife interacts with the enviornment. The animation and visuals of the animals are almost life-like, especially the horses. Same can be said for the weather effects.

As if exploring wasn't enough, there are so many other stuff to do that it sometimes feels like too much - I think I've spent a couple of hours just playing poker. And even the smaller activities are polished and detailed as well. For instance, poker buy-ins in smaller towns are cheaper and the players are usually weak, while on bigger towns the buy-ins go up and players get tougher. Even little activities like herding and breaking in horses are fun to do.

I've played almost 20 hours and I've only completed around 25% of the game and there are still 2 big sections of the map that haven't been unlocked yet. I'll be busy with this game for a long while.

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Multiplayer

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rQ_z-_4fF4Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rQ_z-_4fF4Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

10. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

This game totally blows GTA out of the water, that game was getting stale and this totally refreshes the whole sandbox genre.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar