Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Red Bryant anyone?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LoneWolf, Feb 24, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. LoneWolf Starter

Moolah:
    $2,437
    • Tip Jar Donor

Childress79 Loungefly ®

George
    Moolah:
    $632
    3.5 sacks in 6 seasons......GTFO
    nbtoppers2 and cdubbs2121 high five this.
  2. LoneWolf Starter

Moolah:
    $2,437
    You clearly never watched him play. He's 6'4 323 he is not a pass rusher, he is a big bodied run stuffer. He is the major reason why they are so good at stopping the run. Especially, in a 3-4 he will demand double teams and free up our linebackers.
    Jwill1919, Psychop1, A.D. and 1 other person high five this.
  3. Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Washington
    Moolah:
    $23,461
    Had we not signed Sammie Hill, I would be all over this.

He would make our DL a lot better. There will be a lot of teams that will be lining up for him and I somehow doubt that it would be us.

I seriously can't believe Seattle would cut him. There should be a way to keep him. Wilson, Sherman, and Earl Thomas haven't even got their contracts yet and they are in cap hell already? Yikes..
  4. LoneWolf Starter

Moolah:
    $2,437
    He's due 8 mil this year I believe, and they are stacked with pass rushers and DE's. He is a major upgrade over Sammie Hill, I don't know what the cap hit would be to release Hill. However, I would cut him in a heart beat for Bryant.
  5. Titans2004 Starter

Moolah:
    $3,635
    Cutting Hill would save us about 2.3mil in cap space. He would count 1.1mil in dead money. His base salary this year is 3.3mil. I think he will be fighting for his job.

I would be happy just re-signing Ropati. He is the perfect tall DT for a 3-4 who will be able to stuff the run and can affect the passing game by batting down balls. In most 3-4 defenses you don't really expect the DEs to be getting a bunch of sacks. They are set up for the Lbers to be the ones bringing the pressure.

I think Bryant is a good player, but I think he will command more than we want to spend.
  6. steverife Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,912
    They've spent a LOT of money the last few years. They just spend it on the wrong guys.

Matt Flynn, Sidney Rice, James Carpenter, Clemons, etc.
    Titanup1982 high fives this.
  7. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,680
    Hill doesn't have immunity, he could be out in 2014. Im absolutely looking at DT's that bolster our D-Line
  8. xhrr Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,937
    Haha sound logic
    MilwaukeeTitan high fives this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Brew City Case Race Champion

Casey
    Moolah:
    $2,812
    Wait, you didn't know sacks are the only thing that matters for DL. Screw stopping the run and containing, sacks are the only stat a DL needs to be good.

#sarcasm #gotitanslogic