Recommend A Movie Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by KamikaZ, Dec 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

my nearest Blockbuster closed down.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Since the mail is crap I guess netflix is out then?

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

what is it?

4. Mrs. Bipolar

Mrs. Bipolar Football Widow

A mail delivery movie service. We get 3 movies watch them and overnight them back and they send us three more. The selection is huge. HUGE i tell you!!!!

5. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

City of God is a breathtaking experience. One of those movies that will creep into your thoughts for weeks after you view it. It's a visceral, stylish assault on your senses. I just watched Fernando Meirelles' (City of God's co-director) new film The Constant Gardner. It was really quite good also, but it's certainly not the jarring rollercoaster ride that City of God was.

6. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Have you recieved your copy of Samurai Assassin yet? I got mine on monday (my recommendation inspired me to order it on Amazon Marketplace). :ha:

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

It's just a movie you have to experience once, even if it has a lot of ugly, ugly realities to it. Get it now.

8. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

The sealed Amazon box is sitting right beside me. It arrived this afternoon.:)

I don't know if I'll have a chance to watch it tonight. I've been a model consumer this week, sinking lots of dough into DVD purchases.

This weeks newbies:

Lord of War
    F for Fake
    Fitzcarraldo
    Burden of Dreams
    The Constant Gardner
    Hustle and Flow
    The Grizzly Man
    and today of course Samurai Assassin

Yikes... :greedy:

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I dunno if you'll like Hustle And Flow, but I liked it a lot. It's about Memphis hip hop, so it's cool to me.

I have yet to see The Constant Gardner, I guess I should rent that...

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Now I got a lot of good movie ideas from this thread. Thanks y'all :brow:

Hustle and Flow gets a thumbs up from me too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar