Recommend A Movie Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by KamikaZ, Dec 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Watched Sin City before, very interesting movie.

Thought it was really good though.

2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I haven't thought of that name in a while :lol: I think I misspelled and mispronounced Simarillion for about a year when I was reading those books. It's right up there with triology.

"I'm reading the the last book in the Lords of the Rings series it's called Simallarion. Have you read the original triology?" - me at 14...ouch :geek:

Has anyone seen the new extended version of Sin City? Is it worth shelling out the extra dough for?

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

it is a name I wish I could forget, he was a pain in the book, I am glad he wasnt in the movie.

4. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I like the recomend a book thread. I read all the damn time, and when I go on my 5 mile runs a couple times a week I listen to Audio books on my MP3 Player. RIght now and I am listening to the Harry Potter Series, starting with book 1.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

One movie I reckon is really funny is the Naked Gun gun series with Leslie Nelson (and on Family Guy with Stewie and Osama)

6. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Of the ones mentioned already I loved Memento, Cinderella Man and like Polar Express heaps too ( my new Xmas eve movie with my kids).

With 3 kids under 6, the only movies I see at the cionema are kids movies (which I love). I see my share on flights though, including Crash - which I really enjoyed.

I hated Bad Santa. I just felt totally uncomfortable from start to finish.

My movie taste is pretty mainstream. The funniest movie I've seen in the last few years is Anchorman. Watched it on a plane and woke up half a dozen people in the middle of the night with my laughing.

Others I have liked - Million Dollar Baby, Manchurian Candidate and Minority Report.

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Seems like I've seen lots of kiddie movies lately....or maybe family movie is the term. Anyway, I just saw Lemony Snicket's and thought was really good. Does Jim Carey ever do any wrong? I liked the far-out-there story too (and the biting baby).

Kami mentioned Snatch, which was a great one. Someone told me about a similar movie awhile back, but I can't remember what it is :hmm: Y'all got any guesses?

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I am not a huge fan on Jim Carrey, but he has made some very funny movies (Ace Ventura, Dumb and Dumber)

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Fun With Dick and Jane looks good. Bruce Almighty was really good.

He's been in a whole lot of movies (some from the early 80's). So many that I haven't seen. I gotta catch up.

10. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

City Of God = The grimiest movie you'll ever see. It's in my top 5 alltime, but came out in like 2000. It's had a huge buzz for about a year now. Rent it now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar