Recommend A Movie Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by KamikaZ, Dec 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian

Brian Big Fan

The Polar Express - in IMAX 3D

:thumb::thumb:

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Heard some muscle heads having a deep conversation at the gym today about Harry Potter. Kind of suprising to hear that there :lol:

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I tried Harry Potter. She's a good writer, I just can't get into that fantasy stuff....

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:ha: I just imagine Stallone and Arnie talking about it for some reason.

Everyone I know likes Harry Pothead, i guess it is addictive.

5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

She's a really talented writer, and is good at being vivid without being complicated. I think that's why they're so easy to get into.

Plus, you know how pop crazes are...

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

true, how many people read Lord of the Rings before it came out at the movies?

how many of them would know about the Hobbit and the Simillarion?

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Gunny, I read them all...SEVERAL times. And it's "Silmarillion" ;)

You gotta give Tolkien big ups for turning a cute dragon/wizard/dwarf story into an entire world with it's own languages, alphabets, and Creation story.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

i only read the Fellowship before the movie came out, my Dad has a 1954 version of LOTR, I tried it when i was about 14 and all that old english stuff put me to sleep.
    My G/f has the book now but i will try it again after sheh as finished with it.

* I can never spell Silmarillion right.

btw she is loving Harry Potter.

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Saw Narnia tonight, pretty good. Now I'll be interested in those books too.

I only read The Hobbit by Tolkien. A buddy read all of them and told me I had to read the LOTR books and the Silmarillion. I got the extended versions of the movies, yet he says there's still more info in the books. And reading is fun anyway :geek:

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

there is a tonne missing from the movies - like Tom Bombadil (thankfully) in the Fellowship of the Ring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar