Recommend A Movie Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by KamikaZ, Dec 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Bad Santa - One of the funniest movies I ever seen.

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Yeah, Badder Santa was my joint when it came out.

Tommy Boy...wow. If you haven't seen it, it's Chris Farley in his prime. That has me crying when I watch it.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

SpaceBalls, Galaxy Quest....just off the top of my head since they were on tv last night ;)

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

watched unleashed with Jet Li before, not a bad movie actually. Different to what i thought it would be.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I wonder how it would go down if I suggested a Book Thread. :winker:

6. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Gotta agree with Something the Lord Made, especially interesting to me since my son was born with a congenital heart defect. It's a great movie and very telling of the times.

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Good idea.

Maybe too kiddie for some, but I'm reading the Harry Potter books now. I think they're really good, easy reading.

8. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Hey I just ordered this on Amazon based on your recommendation. Although honestly I did go to IMDb and do a little research first. It'll probably be a couple of weeks before I get it, but I let you know what I think of it once I do. Thanks for the tip.

I loved Memento also. I know there is indeed an easter egg that allows you to watch the film in chronological order. I've just been too apathetic to look into it further.

Abre los ojos (1997) Directed by Alejandro Amenábar is an amazing mindf*** movie. It was remade as Vanilla Sky by Cameron Crowe (which I enjoyed also). But the original is definitely the stronger film. Audition by Takashi Miike (included in my original recommendations) is also pretty mind blowing

I resisted watching this for a while but I checked it out last week and was pleasantly surprised. I've heard some pretty negative things about the sequel. Again I'd have to strongly recommend checking out Miike's Audition or Ichi the Killer (warning: neither film is for the faint of heart)

I have to confess enjoying this too. I probably wouldn't buy it, but yeah I fell into the story completely. I thought Paul Giamatti was excellent.

I bought this last year without seeing it. I watched it once, found it pretty distasteful and more importantly not funny (cuz hey tasteless is fine if you make me laugh). So many people whose opinions I respect really love this movie, I'm going to have to force myself to watch it again. I find that comedies are the most sensitive to the viewer's mood, sometimes if you're in a pissy enough mood the funniest of films can be rendered into crap. I don't recall this being the case but perhaps I was just having a crap day when I initially watched Badder Santa.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

my girlfriend bought the first one, we had never read Harry Pothead before, but I will borrow it after she has read it.

I cant believe the size of the first Harry Pothead compared to the latest, they just get bigger and bigger.

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

The first book is pretty short. I read it in less than a week a few hours at night. The 2nd one is just as short. I know the 3rd and 4th are longer.

Anyway, it's pretty easy reading, no words to look up in the dictionary :lol: I don't really think it's as "kiddie" as I originally thought it'd be. No more than LOTR I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar