Receivers like new playbook

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jun 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I'm actually pretty excited about our defense. It's probably the most athletic I've seen. I think Casey will have a better year and a few of the young guys will step up on the D-Line. I also think our DE pressure will increase quite a lot with a deeper rotation and more dominate D-Line.

Casey can beat 1-on-1's and Mike Martin was starting to come on last year. Hill is proven and there's at least 3 guys behind him who could be gems.

At Corner we're straight. Verner and McCourty alone can play press man, but I think Campbell and Blidi will also add to the competition.

At Safety I'm still not sold on Griffin, but I think playing alongside a better SS could boost his play.

I think we have a legitimate shot. Even if Locker can't get us there Fitzmagic is more than capable especially with our receivers. Depends on coaching imo.

Such a big season coming up. A lot on the line

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

sounds like noooooone liked palmers dumbess playbook

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Everyone says stuff like this around OTAs. Will they still like it in mid November?

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

If Kenny Britt is back to 100% I don't think it matters what we're calling. Him and CJ would be deadly. Britt, Hunter, Wright, Washington, Walker, Williams.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

The only part of the offense that worries me is tight end. I like Walker but I'm afraid his injury could be more serious that they're letting us know. Even if his injury isn't serious, who behind him do we have that's a true receiving threat. I agree next year we should go heavy on defense (DT McCullers anyone?) but maybe try and grab a good TE in the 2nd.

6. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Listening to Blaine Bishop on the radio yesterday talking about OTAs, and he was very excited about the WRs and new playbook. He said it was very similar yo what the Texans do, and he thinks it will be pretty hard yo defend.

He also said that the practices on both sides of the ball was impressive to watch just because of how guys were competing and the tempo they were playing at. 10x faster than last year on his opinion.

I know its just OTAs, but I like the direction this team seems to be heading

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Just think back to how Kenny Britt looked prior to his knee injury. He was emerging as a truly elite WR. Add to Britt guys like Wright and Washington out there and an offense geared more to getting the ball vertical, with a vertical QB and the offense should be dangerous. I see all aspects of the offense being better. I also can see the offense making adjustments a needed based on the opponent and in the game situations. Like the Texans we can air it out or power the ball down the defense throat.

8. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Uhhhhh we were a vertical team last year...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar