Rebuilding - Andrew Luck

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Childress79, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

We are going to suck in 2011.

We have no QB and too many holes on Defense.

I don't see this as a negative and can't wait to watch what unfolds.

Realistically though we are rebuilding and I embrace it.

There is another thread regarding trading CJ which largely shoots down that notion. Personally I think that we should trade him while his value is still high.

He has 4years mileage on him after 3 seasons is already on the decline based on the history of good RB's in general.

By the time we are ready to win in 2012/2013 he may already be just another guy rather than the explosive threat that he is today.

Blaine Gibbert is our best option in the draft this year but he is a gamble. As likely to be a bust as he is likely to be a great one.

We have a ton of holes on defense.

I say we draft for defense this season and pick up an interim vet QB.

Trade CJ for 2012 draft picks and leverage whatever it takes to draft Andrew Luck next season.

The key to longevity in vying for a championship is to build a team around an elite QB. Luck is the best shot at that since the 2004 draft.

Such opportunities don't come around very often.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Luck would be great, but we will have to have the #1 pick next year to get him. I don't see a team like Carolina trading that pick. As you said, franchise QBs are too valuable and the chance to get them doesn't come along very often.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Very difficult to put your finger on next seasons results, but who WITH a QB could possibly suck more than us next season? I don't think we'll need to go 0-16 to get Luck.

4. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Carolina, Arizona, Cleveland, Buffalo, Oakland to name a few, Miami and the Bengals as well. We could also mess around and go 6-10 or 8-8...stranger things have happened. Don't get me wrong, I'd be all for us getting Luck....but there is a better chance we don't then it actually happening. Now, if Barkley and Landry Jones come out then it wouldn't matter because both will grade out higher then any QB in this draft.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Forget Luck, let's draft the Ice Box

[​IMG]

and hire this guy to coach

[​IMG]

I mean he beat the Cowboys, beat some ghosts, and made his baby a 30 foot monster. Surely he can save the Titans.

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Yea we will suck next year but there's sucking and then there's #1 pick sucking. You can't plan on having the #1 pick and quite frankly if whatever coach we got guided us to the worst record in the NFL I'd say he would need to be shown the door.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

What if he returns for his Senior season?

8. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

What if he tears out a knee or shoulder and is no longer of any value?

9. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I hear what you're saying and something like that isn't the worst option. I would hesitate to trade CJ primarily because I just have to hope that a new head coach will know how to utilize CJ's talents much better than Fish did. Imagine what CJ would be able to do in the Philly or Saints offense. I just hope that our new coach, whoever he is, will understand that CJ is best used in space, not pounding between the tackles over and over.

At the end of the day, although we are bad, we are just not going to be the worst team in the league next year. We will need ammo to move up for sure, so I'd propose trying to trade down as many times as possible this year. Trade down in the first, try to trade our second for a one in 2012, stuff like that. I think that for the future of the Titans getting a guy like Luck could really turn the franchise around, suffering another dumpy season in order to get him is fine with me.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

With Harbaugh leaving, I'm shocked he's staying this season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar