rebuild the Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ONUV, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Clean House starting with the front office except for McGinnis and Washburn.

QB: KFC finally gone as Fisher goes maybe they retire together to some remote island to pursue they're crush for each other. VY gone since new HC wants "his guy" at QB. A veteran FA will be brought in with our #1 going towards a QB most likely.

RB: Set with CJ and Ringer bring in a third vet FA. Bye Bye LW good luck trying to get starters money and more than 10 carries.

WR: Britt, Washington, and Gage will be back. Hawkins has trouble learning the playbook so with a new O he's probably cut. The rest except maybe Edison are gone.

TE: Trade Scaife or he's going to walk. Cook and Stevens are here to stay while Alge Dumpler is gone, thank God.

O-Line: Mawae retires, Amano is backup material not a starter he can walk. Harris is solid wherever he takes over G/C. Depth is needed at everywhere either way.

Defense will be next post...stay tuned

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I'm not football historian but please give me one example of a coach keeping his job after the team quits on him? Because to me it looks like we've totally quit ever since the Jags beat our brains in.

3. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

D-Line: Bye KVB, Kearse, Vickerson, and Ball. Ford and Hayes are young and should get better but we need a full-time DE whose a force. This or QB will be our #1 pick. Brown, Haye, Jones, and Marks will be back and given another shot as they are young and haven't play as bad as you may think.

LB: Bulluck is gone he doesn't want to play for a rebuilding team when he's running out of time. Thornton could be gone as well IDK how many years are left on his contract but once it's up he's gone. Tully is a beast he's a lone bright spot. McRath could take over one spot but we need a quality OLB asap.

Secondary: CB is a huge need but a pass rush can be the best thing to help out the secondary but we need a CB badly. Mouton and McCourty will have exp. which is big but we still need depth. Griffin and Hope are being exposed and both are average as far as I'm concerned but they will both be back unfortunately. Depth better than Schommer and Nickey would be nice.

P: Where did Trapasso go can we get that guy back Hodges sucks.

QB, G, DE, OLB, CB all need major upgrades. 2 days left on the trade deadline to make something happen......

4. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

Griff has been no where so far this season...havent seen him since he got beat by Johnson in Week 2

5. djones51

djones51 Rookie

I dont think the coaching staff is the problem. Fisher's offensive style works great when your defense is good. We done just fine on offense last year with the same exact players (minus McCareins, but he was just for decoration anyway) so I think the rebuilding starts with the defense.

And does nobody remember the 2001 season?? That was Schwartz first season as D-Coordinator. We went 7-9 and started rebuilding that offseason, so just be patient with Cecil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar