Reasons to be optimistic:

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Sep 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Man I gotta give it up to some of you guys, you're able to make something out of nothing. Forget the fact this is the first year for a new coaching staff with a shortened off-season, a starting QB who is playing in a different system for the first time in like 10 years (probably more), a RB who was out all but the final week of practice, and a very young defense.

I believe there was a thread about a month ago maybe more asking if we were rebuilding, uhm duh. Was this a winnable game? Of course but our slow start in the 1st quarter cost us the game, I'm actually surprised we even made it a game at the end which is why I don't see this as a big deal.

It's like some of you actually expect this team to be a championship contender. What did you think Hass was exactly going to do with a less than effective RB and the #1 WR returning from injury? Also against that much improved Jags defense? To be honest I thought we were going to win this game but the more I think about it, it's not that bad of a loss. We just have to learn and continue to improve week after week.

The whole start Locker now is kinda ridiculous, like it or not Hass is the man for a while. We're not going to pay someone 10 mil to just sit on our bench. Locker is going to sit, learn, and get some PT in some meaningless games towards the end of the season. Then next year gradually take over.

Here are some positives:
    1. Ayers is the real deal. He looked very impressive.
    2. After the 1st quarter the OL started to come together a bit more, very good line.
    3. Britt is a beast, top 10 WR.
    4. Once again after the 1st, our defense stepped up. Everyone is blowing that Griffin play out of proportion even though I do agree Hope has to go.
    5. Ruud is still a tackling machine.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Really!?!?!?
    Want to re-think this idiocy now?

3. TitanT

TitanT Pro Bowler

#8 set up the big orange cooler. Where was #10 during this important play?

4. MikeyDay

MikeyDay Clutch like a stick shift

Make something outta nothing? Im guessing im the only one who sees what our team is made of on its players? Hasselbeck is a top 10 qb. He wasnt considered that after the last few yrs in Seattle. Which he had no oline, barelly any wrs and no run game.. Seattle is in the hunt for the #1 pick this yr, surprised? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. He has CJ a much better oline, Britt and a defense that can have his back. Yeah he can a 4000 yards about 20 something TDS for us. Britt is a beast. I dont see any holes for us besides maybe a guard or center bcuz i dislike Amano. Babs should take over for Hope and the rest we just need EXP. Thats it, playing time together for chemistry and we good to go. This is exactly how i knew we could play. Fisher wouldnt ever let this happen, we've had plenty of good teams in the past where Fisher would have us play as a team, but when some of ur starters are 3rd on another team ( Scaife ) and u bring them back... yeahh dumb moves. No more of that bull.

5. Tight Uns

Tight Uns I'm a girl, dude

Hasselbeck has the 3rd highest QBR in the league right now, behind Brady and Fitz

6. Tight Uns

Tight Uns I'm a girl, dude

Never mind....apparently there is a whole 'nother thread dedicated to that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar