Realistic draft wish list..

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Jan 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

1. Duke robinson-guard-oklahoma...Huge power blocking guard who will make nice holes for lendale. Along with loper at the other guard they give us a big power blocking upgrade.

2. Leodis Mckelvin-CB-troy....Pacman's replacement but hopefully with pacman here he becomes an elite nickel and an upgrade to fuller. Is possibly the best punt return man in the draft.

3. Earl bennett-WR-vandy....Solid value pick at a need position. Might be able to step in and play immediantly. ....alternative pick DJ hall-Alabama

4. Tom Zbikowski SS notre dame. Similar to lowry but bigger and perhaps more consistent. If hope isn't the same he can fight lowry for that starting job and may be a better in run support..

5. Donnie avery...Wr...houston..blazing speed, can also return kicks or punts. Alternative choice...Eddie royal v-tech

6. Alvin bowman...OLB..Iowa state..Fast active linebacker, but smallish in the cato june mold. June was also a 6th rd pick. Could be the heir to bullock's weak side spot.

7. Kalvin Mcrae...RB...Ohio...Best back in the school's history. Built in the westbrook mold or if you wish the guinton ganther mold. Take your pick. Hopefully better than ganther and a solid #3 back for us..

There you go, i just upgraded our o-line, got us a solid prospect at WR and another fast WR. Upgraded the kick return game with or without pacman and got some help for our defense.. I even drafted that small quick RB some of you seem to think we need..

2. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Only a few things unrealistic about it:

1. Our first round pick didn't declare for the draft.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/011608dnspoouplayer.26bd61b5.html

2. We don't have a 6th round pick after trading it away for Bryce Fisher

3. There is a real dearth of talent at corner, so I don't know how high McKelvin will go. May well be gone by our 2nd pick. Same with Bennett, although 3rd round seems about right.

4. I really am not keen on Donnie Avery. He seems a bit soft to me. He's one of those guys who makes a lot of catches in wide open zones in a pass happy offense, but may struggle against physical corners, or when he needs to fight for the ball.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Thanks carpy..

I'm not keen on avery either but we are talking about a 4.35 guy and a 5th rd pick. Ok take bowman with the 5th rd pick and skip avery..

I think robinson will come out. He might be the top guard in the whole draft why would he turn that money down?

4. Carpy

My attempt:

Round 1: WR Mario Manningham - Michigan - I think we go quality over quantity with WR this time around. The last two times we tried to draft receivers, we went with multiple mid-round picks and it didn't pan out for us. I think we go 1, max 2 receivers, and they will be early. Not 100% sold on Manningham, but I think Kelly and Jackson are gone, and we need a deep threat.

Round 2: DT Red Bryant - Texas A&M Considered TE Martellus Bennett here, but I think Troupe might return now that Dinger is back. Also considered the CBs, but I think Bryant makes a lot of sense. He is a highly productive high motor player, much like Tony Brown, but with a much bigger body.

Round 3: DE Wallace Gilberry - Alabama I'm presuming we lose LaBoy to Free Agency, but retain Odom. Gilberry is a situational pass rusher, much like LaBoy, and would battle with Ford to relieve KVB (Fisher would become primary back-up to Odom at LE).

Round 4: G Roy Schuening - Oregon State I agree with the premise of upgrading our depth on the O-line, but there are no guards worth a high pick. I like Schuening (watch some videos of Yvenson Bernard and have a look at the hols that the interior O-line open up for him) and he can play tackle in a pinch as well.

Round 5: CB Darnell Terrrell - Missouri Very athletic, tall corner with good zone cover skills. Bit of a project, but has the athleticism you look for in a late pick.

Round 6: Traded

Round 7: LB Stanford Keglar - Purdue Insitinctive OLB who could back up Thronton on the strong side, or even play MLB in a pinch. Probably not athletic enough to play at WLB, but we are very thin on depth at OLB.

Positions addressed through Free Agency - RB/KR, LB, S, CB

5. Carpy

The declaration deadline has passed. Here's the list of those that declared. (although I believe they have until today to withdraw again - no-one can else can be added at this time)

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/underclassmen.html

6. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Here is my attempt

1. WR - Adarius Bowman - I really don't think Dinger would have come back to Tennessee without some promise of upgrading our skilled positions.

2. CB - Justin King Again Pacman forces our hand, but King is just too good to pass up.

3. TE - Jermichael Finley - Bit of a project but he is too good an athlete to pass up, he can grow into a Kellen Windlow type player.

4. C - Steve Justice - Centers usually drop and he is a pretty good one

5. DT - Derek Lokey - Non stop motor and strong as an ox great run stuffer reminds me of Kasey Hampton.

7. G - Ben Hochstein - good pass blocker and strong room for growth

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Let's all play along.

1. TE Fred Davis - very good receiver, not a liability as a blocker, TE may be our biggest need for a playmaker

2. WR - Earl Bennett - could be our new Mr Consistent (Mason)

3. DE - Wallace Gillberry - very good value here imo. I think he could fall this far because he may not put up impressive workout #'s. Can play inside a bit too.

4. CB - Charles Godfrey - I haven't seen this guy, but we need CB depth. He's got the size to maybe play S too.

5. OG - Chilo Rachal - We love USC and need o-line depth

6. traded :suspect:

7. Rafael Little - RB/KR/PR/slot, he could be used several ways for us

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Shoot why not....

1.DE- Quentin Groves- Great sack master plays DE/OLB athletic, strong, fast, smart, etc. He pretty much has it all.

2.WR- Earl Bennett- Need a WR at this point think he'll be a great player.

3.CB- Brandon Flowers- Good CB who will be an upgrade.

4.RB- Allen Patrick- Drafted for depth and will compete for spot in top 2.

5.S- Tom Zibikowski- Physical S

7.OL- King Dunlap- Can play G and T, very big

9. ONUV

ONUV Starter

zbikowski is one of the most overrated players in the draft

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

:werd:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar