Real reason Titan game not switched to Sunday night.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Mrs, Dec 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

From what I gather the Patriots are not expected to play their starters too much past the 2nd quarter. Also, Madden wasn't feeling doing a Sunday night game in Nashville. They are billing it as possibly Favre's last game, which it won't be. Madden just preferred to end the season with Favre.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

another chance to madden to wear his Brett Favre *** hat.

3. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

What? Madden not feeling doing a game in Nashville? I got to call BS on that one.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I buy the Favre angle. Madden and Favre are like flamers and queens.

5. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I'm just repeating what I heard....

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

[​IMG]

Maybe Vince is a
    "not ready for primetime player".

7. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Hard for me to believe that a stupid announcer has ANYTHING to do about where he works. He might not want to do a game here, I'll concede that, but to assume his feelings on the matter has ANY bearing on what the NBC decides to do is incomprehensible IMHO!

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

If you were talking about any other announcer I'd agree with that. I can see it if the network has anything at all to do with the decision. If there is any influence to be had at NBC I'm sure John Madden has it. Personally, I'd like it if the decision came from the office of the commisioner. As for the actual matchup... the Bears are hands down the best team in the NFC and the Packers are just as in the wild card hunt as we are. The Packers and Bears is a very old and storied rivalry. Likely the oldest in football... Throw in the Brett Farve and Madden's man love for #4 and what do you have? Sunday Night Football on NBC.

9. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

Actually I think it might be a reverse primetime ratings issue. How many people will be home wanting to watch a football game on new years eve? I bet the better game may be played earlier in the day.

But what do I know, Im jusa fan...

10. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XyNPNoo1sSo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XyNPNoo1sSo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar