Reading the coverage: White down 20 pounds from last March

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

for the love of god, read my posts.

i said he has a niche on this team. if he wants to be overweight and slow he can be the goal line and short yardage back. if he wants to eat himself into fullback he can do that, but if that's the route he chooses we need to find someone else who can catch the ball and be productive between the 20's.

obviously him not being able to average more than 3 YPC against a good defense was the difference between us advancing in the playoffs and being one and done. he's finally realized that being fat and slow is not the way to go and it only took a rookie out-playing him and us losing a playoff game for it to stick.

like i also said before, i'm looking forward to an IN SHAPE lendale white for the first time since his sophomore year at USC, but yeah, i hate. :rolleyes:

2. Fry

what's he supposed to say? that he wants more playing time and doesn't care what happens if he doesn't get his way? whoops, he did say that....

3. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

If LW had carried for the same number of carries he had during the 1100+ yard season he would have gotten more yards. Face it the NFL is moving to a two back system to combat the evolving defenses.

Right after LW complained that he was not getting enough carries he was given a boat load so Fisher could remind him what it was like. Yeah he picked up 149 yards but he also admitted he preferred the duel back system and embraced it.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

"hater". hahahaha

5. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

the only reason that happened was because cj, kfc and the rest of the offense moved down to the goal line for him to make those carries. granted yes, he did bust on against Kanas city, but that was kanas city. other then that, he didnt do anything outside the goal line.

lendale will forever be a second running back. he was at usc and will be for the titans. he is not a feature back. unless maybe, there is a buffett he can hit up...
    [​IMG]

6. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

I want to make it very clear that my previous comments on this thread were not meant to bash Lendale - they were just jokes. I'm glad to see him commit more fully to the off-season program. It will only serve to make him a more effective runner this coming season. I have been a strong supporter for Lendale since he was drafted. I do think he has not been as good as he could be due to being a little overweight and out of shape, but it looks like he is addressing that right as we speak. Regardless of his weight, he has been a good running back for the Titans with a 1,000 yard season as the starter, and one 15 Touch Down season as the 2nd back in a Two-Back system. What's there to complain about? The Titans have a really good thing going: Johnson as the feature back and Lendale as the short yardage/end zone back. It worked last year better than most could have hoped for so I'm not sure why there is all this angst and talk about replacing Lendale with someone who is faster and has better hands - so you're saying we need to draft another CJ?? Not going to happen - there is only one CJ.

Secondly (or maybe fifthly - I lost track) I am tired of hearing everyone p*ss and moan about how Lendale's 3.0 YPC lost the Titans the playoff game. Were you actually watching that game? The Titans lost that game because they turned the ball over 3 frakking times! Lendale had one of those, but that has nothing to do with his YPC. If Crumpler holds on to the ball, the Titans win - with Lendale's 3.0 YPC. CJ was in the zone that day and he looked like the best player on the field, hands down. No 2nd RB is going to replace that - and Lendale should not be expected to replace that. He is a complementary Running Back, which for those at home with 65 IQ's means that he is not the primary back - he complements the primary back by filling in when needed and specializing in a few areas: Goal line and short yardage.

Lendale is doing exactly what he needs to do to help the team this year. I anticipate him having a really good season.

7. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

This is really bugging me because you portray Chris Johnson as just an average NFL rookie. Chris Johnson is a phenominal player. He was a Pro Bowler and runner up for Rookie of the Year. Being out played by Chris Johnson is not a bad thing. In fact, Johnson out-rushed all but seven running backs last season. So unless you really expect White to be one of the top 5 rushers in the NFL while playing in a two back system, this point is moot.

NFL Rushing Stats

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Fry

that's not what i really meant.

it took white losing his job and half his carries to get in shape, that's all i'm saying. and even when we used a first round pick on a back he came in out of shape thinking he would be handed the job like he was the year before.

we've used a first roud pick and a second round pick on running backs since lendale white was drafted, doesn't that tell you something?

9. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Last season it was rumored that LW showed up to camp at 260lbs, it was later admitted that he was ~252lbs.

So that means he is ~232lbs currently, which should be good if he didn't lose much muscle.

I disagree that LW isn't a powerback. I have seen him lower a shoulder and destroy many defensive backs; however, I agree that he does like to dance more often than to lower a shoulder.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]
    third and 1 became first and 10 because of the fat boy!

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar