Reading the coverage: Texans struggling on the road

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky

This will be an abbreviated week for me as I need to disappear for a few days.

Apologies that there will be no chat today. There won't be one next week either, as I'll be at Titans-Lions on Thanksgiving. We will resume on Dec. 4.

The remainder of the week will bring you:

A back-and-forth between me and Tim Graham, who calls me Brocephus, on Jets-Titans.

A column on Chris Johnson and Steve Slaton from me later today.

The weekly Friday Audibles post previewing the weekend's games.

Scouts Inc. will hit you with several posts in my absence.

Kevin Seifert has signed up to do a substitute "Reading the coverage" Saturday.

I'll be back and at full speed Sunday from LP Field.

Feel free to fill up the mailbox between now and then.

Onto morning links from around the division.

Houston Texans

The Texans take an eight-game road losing streak with them to Cleveland, says Megan Manfull.

Defensive end Earl Cochran was put on IR with a toe injury, writes John McClain.

The most recent installment of guard Chester Pitts' blog.

An overdue acknowledgement of Stephanie Stradley, a fan blogger at Chron.com who is a consistently provides me with quality feedback. Here, she ties into Football Outsiders and assesses the Texans defense.

Indianapolis Colts

Phillip B. Wilson's preview page.

The Colts are joining the NFL's effort to crack down on bad fan behavior, says Steve Ballard.

With the same starting five for six straight weeks the Colts offensive line is on track, writes Mike Chappell.

A look at how the Colts are doing in their efforts to position themselves for the playoffs, from Phil Richards.

Not long ago, new Colts tight end Jamie Petrowski was playing the part of Dallas Clark for the Titans as they got ready to play Indy, says Tom James.

The transcript of Bill Polian's radio show from Colts.com.

Indy is third in Dr. Z's power rankings.

Jacksonville Jaguars

Jack Del Rio and David Garrard understand they are targets for fans' anger, according to Vito Stellino.

Troy Williamson has fighting words for former coach, says Michael C. Wright.

Brad Meester honored for off-the-field efforts, writes Wright.

Tennessee Titans

Albert Haynesworth has a lot of quality competition for Defensive Player of the Year, according to Clark Judge.

A giant ball of tape the offensive line named Bryan Pride continues to grow in stature and reputation, reports Jim Wyatt.

Kyle Vanden Bosch is ready to get back to work, writes Terry McCormick.

Brett Favre's moxie has Jets fans excited, says Gary Estwick.

More...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar