re-watched the first quarter focusing on OL...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Sep 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm hoping this is the main factor.

2. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Makes me nervous going into the game with the Texans. Texans have as good or better D than Steelers imo. They also have a muuuuuch better O.

And we barely won. Our O needs to step up big time to help the D out.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

A couple of things.

Most of the pressure in the first quarter had little to do with the unit gelling and more to individuals just getting beat. Only one of Levitre's pressures could be attributed to possibly a unit thing as he was pulling on the play.

Maybe they just needed to get into actual game speed and get the rust out but on at least one of locker's throws that he short armed, it didn't look like he could step up

Considering Stewart was gimpy, coming off an injury and is more of a Mauler then an OT desined to stop speed rushers, I thought he'd have the most trouble. While the sack wasn't good, he handled Woodley better then I thought and without much help usually.

It'll be interesting to see how the next quarter goes.

BTW, we can't feel good about not running well against an 8 man front when we are in a heavy personel grouping...that's even. For example, when we go full house backfield with CJ and 2 blocking backs in the backfield, 1 TE and 1 Wr and the Steelers go 8 man front, that's like a 7 man front vs a normal (2 wr, 1 te, 2rb) look. They are just matching up defenders to the blockers, they aren't adding an extra guy like going an 8 man front vs our normal personel.

And I think we saw in stretches, we can knock them around...which bodes very well for us. They are one of the top run defenses in the league so if we can knock them around, that's great! Problem is, if you whiff on a tackle or don't block who you're supposed to block, someone will be there to hit you for no gain or a loss. In addition, the have LeBeau who changed up some stuff too. They aren't gonna let you find something that works and let you run it all day.

Honestly, I think if you told them they'd avg 3 ypc, the defense would give up 7 and we won the turnover battle, they'd take it all day.

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar