Re-watched game...thoughts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Nov 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I tried to focus on Schwenke and Warmack on offense. They both flashed in both good and bad ways. Schwenke does a really nice job of getting himself in good position to wall off the defender. He again got beat badly to give up one sack. Also had another one in which they didn't do a great job of passing off the stunting defenders. Warmack did a solid job in pass protection and also made some key blocks in the running game. He again struggled cutting off the Lber at the 2nd level. He also had that one play that he fell down while pulling causing a pile up in the backfield.

From a play calling standpoint it was nice to see us actually execute some nice screen passes. Would have liked to have seen us get Jake out of the pocket a few more times. Tried a bootleg looking to hit Stevens coming across, but it was defended well. One other rollout called, but no long shots down the field the whole game.

I think the OL played pretty well and hopefully we can build on it.

On defense the DL really seemed to play with a high pad level on a bunch of plays. We certainly were defending against giving up the big play and giving them the underneath stuff. I thought both Ayers and Brown had poor games. Maybe it was because we weren't attacking as much. McCarthy played ok making some nice fills. He did miss Stacey on his long run, but all in all had a decent game.

We know that our defense can play better and I expect to see us really get after Henne this weekend.

Best part of the whole game besides getting the win was that we didn't get anyone seriously hurt.

2. davidc502

davidc502 Starter

My thoughts are with the offensive and defensive play-calling.

Seemed to me there was too much chess being played and not enough football.

Sometimes you just go out and play. So, I'm not sure why the Titans were being so damn coy. The offense didn't really attack until they 'had' to, so they were content unless forced to do something. The defense played it safe most of the game... I remember one blitz where they were burned for 30 yards on a QB run, and after that it's like they totally backed off. In the 2nd half I thought they played better, but there were more missed tackles than usual. Maybe Fisher's game plan of run, run, run, wore the D down more than we thought.

On a positive, they cleaned up the penalties.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I was laughing and smiling and having a grand ol time that first drive. It sure is nice to be the recipient of free yards instead of the team handing over free yards.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Strange for a Titans fan eh

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. JCBRAVE

Im re-watching the game now, and what was Finnegan doing tossing Hunter to the ground then jumping on his own LB's neck for a ride? Ive never seen someone so pumped up to lose LOL

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Did you happen to zero in on Levitre? I can't get over just how horrible he is.

7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Hahahahahahah bro I saw that in replay and was like wtf???!!

8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I really looked at the other 2 more closely. As a whole we certainly looked better up front. I still wish that we would run a few more toss sweeps. Just get CJ on the edge quickly with a leading FB and pullling OG.

I really am amazed at how our STs continues to implode and almost cost us games. We got very very lucky that Williams recovered the ball on his punt return. That ball could have easily bounced away from him and given the rams an easy score. Campbell just has to learn to play smarter. He can't keep getting penalties. Then we come back and punt it to Tavaun Austin who almost took it to the house. You have to kick that ball out of bounds. Our STs coaching has got to get better.

I don't kinwo what we were thinking when we had Casey lined up in the MLB spot with the responsibility to cover the TE. It is one thing to drop a guy into coverage in a zone blitz scenario. Sometimes you can sucker the QB into throughing an INT. But actually lining your DT up at the MLB position and having him cover a zone is idiotic and that is why you don't see other teams doing it.

9. JCBRAVE

We did that last year also, the only reasoning I can see behind it is; Casey is so athletic youre just showcasing him to the world. I think thats Jerry Gray's way of saying "come get it" to the other team.

10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I agree, CJ seems to run very well behind Mooney.

I think that DWill will get better as things go on but Tommie Campbell is just plain worthless out there. He pushed that guy right into Damian, that could have been much worse and would have cost us the game.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar