Re-watched game focusing on Schwenke and Warmack

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Oct 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

CJ averaged 4.3 runs a carry on only 10 carries when there weren't 8 in the box against a good 9ers run D. Good to hear you admit that teams being able to put extra guys in the box is having an effect and CJ's production. Piitsburgh, KC, and Houston also definitely put extra guys in the box, I thnk the 9ers are the only team who didn't.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Too lazy to research, but i'm pretty sure we're already over next years cap.

4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

It's push and pull tho. I believe locker is good enough thus far to adapt to seeing regular base defense and not mishandle the situation. If locker goes off, whoever in the backfield is going to get good looks. Why arnt we checking out of those looks? CJ has a bad habit about letting the LB key his pause for the screen as well. He doesn't hide it well.

CJ can be good, but I refuse to believe he's the same player as 09. Speed is still there. Maybe a tinge slower, not as explosive start stop. Top end very much intact. Wiggle is there but edge speed... I don't see it. Edge speed made all the difference in the early days.

I'm not saying he's complete trash, but I don't see why he gets a pass for 10 mil a year contracts. The team would be better at using a committee. That's my stance. That's partially production, contract, cap outlook, need, difference making ability as well as preference in team structure.

We do not need the most prominent lightening bolt at RB to win games. We just need consistent yards. A big back with power and a little wiggle, a small back with speed to catch defenses sleeping. RBs are too easily replaceable. If this was a qb convo, my stance would be completely different.

5. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

If we cut CJ, another team will pick him up in a New York minute, at a reduced rate, and utilize him the right way (screens and passes in the flat).

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Clark

We've been doing more of that but dude isn't as capable catching the ball as you would like to believe

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Good for them.

Then we can spend a mid-round draft pick on a guy who will be significantly cheaper and just as productive as CJ's been here the last few years.

The things CJ needs to be productive; a great offensive line, space, seven-man fronts and the quarterback running down the field to hand him the ball on screen passes to ensure he doesn't drop the ball.

8. Clark

Game, set, match

9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Y
    ou make good points and I def don't see you as a CJ hater. My thing is, I don't care what a player is getting paid. I don't care whether a player is overpaid because it's basic business. A player is only paid what a team is willing to pay him and I refuse to be butthurt with a player who is trying to get as much as he can. This is the nature of the game and the owners are the ones who created the game because at the end of the day it favors them. For every overpaid player there are 10+ underpaid. For every 3 guys who play 10+ years there are many more who barely lasted 3 years in the league and barely made enough to cover the extensive medical bills they'll face in later adulthood and old age.

That's why the fact that CJ is making 10 mil is irrelevant to me. I only care about what he can do on the field and while I'm with you in that he's lost a little bit of something I can't quite place I still think he's a damn good player and invaluable to this team. I try my best to analyze what I see on the field and not filter it through the lens of how much money that guy makes. Whether you make 10 mil a year or 250k a year, 100 yards is 100 yards and a TD is still a TD. Fans always think that when the team pays a guy they are paying for production when in reality all they're paying for is a person who has the chance to produce, that is all.

10. blacktitan

blacktitan Starter

Do you honestly believe that any "mid-round draft pick" could have taken that screen pass to the house aganst that 9er's D? I think you highly underestimate the playmaking ability that was on display in that run. CJ literally out ran the whole back 7 of the 9er's D. Once Schwenke blocked the MLB, it was all CJ making a play. That is not mid-round draft pick stuff, that is superior playmaking from an elite athlete and RB. Your average mid-round draft pick maybe makes 10 yds on that play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar