Re-watched game focusing on Schwenke and Warmack

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Oct 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I would hope so considering we play the Jags twice, the Rams, Raiders and Cardinals. The problem is he did the same thing last year against awful teams. It'll be enough for people to say, "See!? He can still do it! He just needs [whatever excuse]!"

2. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I really hate Bilbo Lowgains, but you all know that :)

Helping this offense is really pretty easy... 3 things.

1. Run a hurry up offense.

2. 8-9 in the box we must be willing to throw instead of banging our heads against the wall by running CJ into the defenses strength.

3. 6-7 in the box, or even defenders/blockers, run the ball often but don't be so predictable in doing so (CJ between the tackles over and over).

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I find it hilarious that we run between the tackles so often. We've gotta know that is likely a -1, 0, 1, or 2 yard gain at best.

There is no point in running that garbage. Bomb one down the field, PA bomb, screen to CJ, flea flicker, etc... I don't care, but be more creative. Sometimes you get a PI when you throw deep. Do it. The only time Locker has ever thrown relatively deep - two TDs to Hunter. Keep trying that stuff. At least having Hunter in makes safeties respect the deep ball. The only way for Hunter to get better is more playing time. I don't know why he isn't getting more snaps, especially considering how bad Britt is.

Let's offer the Browns Britt, McCourty, and a 2nd round pick for Josh Gordon and Joe Haden and see if they're dumb enough to fall for it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

He did have a solid game against the Steelers, Texans, and Chargers, going for 70,96, and 90 respectively. Then ran up against a Jets D that put everything but the kitchen sink in the box so we killed them with the pass, followed by a hyper aggressive Chiefs D with Fitz as the only passing threat, and more of the same with Seattle. He was having a nice game against the 9ers but we understandably abandoned the run. In fact, take a look at CJ's stats in the games he played with Locker at QB and compare those to his production with Fitz at QB. I think it's pretty obvious what happens. No QB threat means 9 in the box which means CJ gets stopped. Good QB in means no 8-9 man fronts which means CJ produces.

5. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I think Johnson is giving much more effort this season than he has the last few. Oline is still a problem and he's had limited carries in everal games this season. He's always been 2-3 yards then 50 yards type of back. Now the line and predictable play calling limits opportunities...but I still see him fighting for what he can get much more so than last year. If Greene had stayed healthy I think we are sitting here talking about a team with MAYBE 1-2 loses and CJ looking great at the bye week. 2 loses I recall we had the lead and couldn't sustain drives to hold it. The only game that really got away was SF and that would have been a different game without a few questionable penalties and a muffed punt. My point is, its not all CJ..the Oline seems to be getting better, but not what was expected.

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

People are still blaming CJ for things that are out of his control.

He looked good last week with Schwenke at center. I honestly wasn't expecting much of a difference, and maybe even a drop-off, but the D-Line was moving backwards and CJ finally was getting some running room. I expect Greene to have a big game when he returns because the line is finally creating creases.

I was really impressed with Schwenk

• High Five High Five x 4
  7. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

You can apply the same logic to every other RB also..most of the time a good run defense stops the run.. That is why they're a good run defense after all. Same goes for the people talking about the YPC.. Do we sit here and analyze how every other rb got to their YPC? No..because its an average..no matter if its from 19 2 yard carries and 1 60 yard carry..an avarege is just that,.

8. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I agree. I was surprised to see the line àctually pushing people backwards rather than struggling to block at all or getting manhandles and pushed around. Getting turner out of there was a good thing.

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I'm actually pretty confident in our team heading into the bye. Def agree with you about being in every game except SF. We got laxed against the Tejans and let them come back. The Chiefs game went back and forth even with a new QB. The Seattle game we were in despite having hardly any offense.

I feel like we could beat any of the teams we lost too. Including SF and Seattle. Locker has finally proven to me he can get it done and I only expect the offense to improve. The defense has been solid for the most part and has kept us in every game. Special Teams has hurt us some this year, but I expect things to improve after the bye do to them cleaning house at the return position.

There's not a team we've played that I don't think we can beat. Doesn't mean we would. But I'm just saying I think we're competitive with the top teams.

10. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

A good play here and there or not having a dumb penalty or dumb play and we win them all. Its pretty frustrating actually. Hanging in there with some tough teams but just can't make the few plays to put the games away. But still better to watch than last years excuse for a team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar