Re-watched game focusing on Schwenke and Warmack

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Oct 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Ap may be slow this year and he may deserve an excuse, why does cj1yd deserve N excuse every year? What is the excuse for 99% of the time we pass to him just past the line, you know, the guys he just cant get past, why does he fall down when he gets close to a defender? Ya ya ya, he had a good one the other day. I am talking about the other 99%

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

CJ's contract is front-loaded and had a pretty sizable signing bonus IIRC... He gets cheaper each year from here on out. I see no reason to cut your best player with a manager like Webster, who is a master with the salary cap. We still have extra cap money from this year that rolls over into next year so there is no reason to part with CJ next year.

3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Couple reasons I see maybe why we wouldn't cut him... Maybe we could trade him for that third we are missing!! :) lol

But in reality I think he handcuffs the offense some. He's regarded as that lead back but in reality he should be a role player for us. I'd rather see Greene get the majority of the touches in a game with CJ being the third down back with check down/screen ability.

Around the 30-40 of the opponents field give CJ some first down carries to switch it up. See if he can't break one after they have been use to being pounded by a heavy back.

This is how the play calling has been tho... Pass, pass, pass. Run run pass. Pass run, and then when it gets 3rd and 1 we run it with the bigger guy, completely showing our hand. It needs to be more balanced between speed and power. And slightly more leaning to power if we are just trying to bully the opposition.

4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

A good scheme would start with us passing it, having Greene in the backfield, locker under center. First pass a screen to wright, 4-5 yards. Second play hurry to the line and run it off tackle with Greene. 3 yards. Switch to 12 personnel and bring in Johnson for third and 2-3. Run qb sweep option with a pitch to CJ, 7 yards. First down. Hurry to the line and go shotgun. Delayed draw with CJ. 4-5 yards. Bring Greene back in but keep CJ in as well. We are in pistol with Greene behind locker and CJ as the sweep RB. Walker is set on the strong side. Washington and KW out wide. Wright comes in motion across the back field as the ball is snapped, play action fake to Greene and levitre pulls out to the left, wright is handed the ball on the sweep and follows levitre for 4 yards. It's now third and 2-3 again. Trips right with CJ in, locker under center. Walker works the middle with a curl and CJ is the flat check down. Locker throws strike and it's another first.

Thats a friggin dream tho... Instead we do this...

Locker under center... CJ backfield..12 personnel. Off tackle run to the strong side. 2-3 yards. Reset, again locker under center. 3 WR set now tho. CJ run weak side to a wall of defenders. No yards. Locker, shotgun, defense playing off man and just defending the marker. Lockers forced to hit Washington on an obvious curl. Lucky we get a first. Back to under center... Trips left. Run CJ that way. And btw... No real hurry up unless it's the last two minutes... Unforgivable trait. Then when we are around the 40-50 we go ultra run mode for some reason (at least in the first quarter) CJ off tackle. CJ off tackle CJ off tackle... 4th down.

Not gonna sit and say we are being creative in the least.

5. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

Could not agree more with you! Loggins' play calling is vanilla old-school Tennessee Titans BS!

6. GOFIGURETITANS

I have a great reason to part with him next year, uhm, its very hard to win games with no running back.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Lets assume the coaches are as smart as gotitan members, surely Chris Johnson is gone after this year right?

8. GOFIGURETITANS

I would love to hope so, but my moolah says no.

9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I firmly believe Tennessee will miss CJ when he's gone unless we're able to quickly replace him. My bold prediction is he doubles or comes close to doubling his all purpose yards production after the bye. I hope I'm not getting ahead of myself but I sense big things in our future.

10. GOFIGURETITANS

And if we ever did cut the bum, you just know he would end up in new england where a real coach would figure out how to make him run again and they get another fn ring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar